It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
(female)

sammi82 HB User
Unhappy terrified

Iam new here and i have 3 kids and just had my first smear test which came back abnormal so they sent me for a colposcopy. [what a bad expereince that was] The results came back as severe dyskaryosis and cin- high grade so they are going to do a loop excision on the 28th may under GA and i am terrified, i don't now what any of this means the doctors won't tell me anything. Can someone tell me what all this means.

Old 05-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

nicci70 HB User
Re: terrified

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi82 View Post
Iam new here and i have 3 kids and just had my first smear test which came back abnormal so they sent me for a colposcopy. [what a bad expereince that was] The results came back as severe dyskaryosis and cin- high grade so they are going to do a loop excision on the 28th may under GA and i am terrified, i don't now what any of this means the doctors won't tell me anything. Can someone tell me what all this means.
Hi sammi, so sorry that you are having to deal with CIN, i know this is a worrying time, i myself was diagnosed with VIN3 in FEB, which is similar to CIN but rather than effecting cervix it is vulva, I am due to have excision surgery on 29th. I was also not very inform from my doctor mostly what i found out was from web sites. However the short version of what CIN is - it is a pre-cancerous condition which shows changes in the cells, again i know this is so worring but the big thing to remember is that it is PRE-cancer. Unfortunately i do not know about how a loop is performed, but i am sure some other people will be able to give you more info once read post, I just wanted to let you know that i am thinking of you, and you are not alone in this lots of women have had this. Take care. Also speak with you doctor again and get him to explain everything to you, i took my mom with me on one of my appointments so i could get answers. I hope you have good friends and family around you to help and support you through this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
(female)

sammi82 HB User

Thank you for your reply my mum and my partner will be there but first i have to go for another colposcopy tomo at a different hospital iam taking my dad to that one

Old 05-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
(female)

angela6 HB User

hi sammi.i hope everything turns out ok for you.im currently waiting to go for leep treatment again(had in 1999)so i know how youre feeling as do most of the people on here,seems a lot more common a problem than you think.i know theres no point telling you not to worry coz you will anyway so just know that im thinking of you and theres lots of us here to chat if you need.let us know how you get on.((((((((((((((((big cuddle)))))))))))))))

Old 05-19-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi Sammi82! Take a deep breath. You will get all the questions answered here, I'm almost certain! The ladies here are GREAT!

Have you asked for a copy of your biopsy report? It sounds like you probably had the colposcopy and a biopsy of the exocervix (outer cervix). If you are going back for another colposcopy, I suggest you ask for an ECC (endocervical curettage). It is a scraping of the canal (think of the cervix as a donut - the ECC scrapes the hole of the donut, but the colposcopy and biopsy that occurs with it are only in the area covered like in a frosted donut. It is possible that you had the ECC with your first colposcopy, though.

I cramped with my ECC, but the cramping lasted only a minute or two. My doctor didn't need to take any biopsies of the exocervix.

I suggest you go to your doctor's appointment with a list of questions (written down). Leave space to write answers.

Write back soon!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
(female)

sammi82 HB User

Thank you for all the support. I went to the hospital today and it was a big mix up ,the smear went to the main hospital here and sent the results to my doctor who refered me to another hospital were i had my colposcopy. So the main hospital sent for me not knowing that i had it done all ready.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
(female)

angela6 HB User

thats good to hear!i hope you gave them a piece of your mind though for all the worry theyve caused you!

Closed Thread