It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

mikayla19 HB User
help pathology report interpretation!

My doctor just gave me the results of my Colp. I'm going to throw them up here on the boards to see if anyone is any better at deciphering them than me. I'll be doing research on them.....but if anyone has any tips I'd greatly appreciate the help. I'm still waiting to hear from my doctor's office for scheduling the cold cone biopsy that i was told i would need.

FINAL PATHOLOGIC DIAGNOSIS
A. UTERINE CERVIX, ENDOCERVICAL CURETTAGE
-- HIGH GRADE SQUAMOUS INTRAEPITHELIAL LESION (CIN 2-3)
-- FOCAL ENDOCERVICAL ATYPIA, SUGGESTIVE OF ENDOCERVICAL
ADENOCARCINOMA IN SITU
B. UTERINE CERVIX, FOUR QUADRANT BIOPSY
-- FOCAL ENDOCERVICAL ADENOCARCINOMA IN SITU (AIS)
-- FOCAL HIGH GRADE SQUAMOUS INTRAEPITHELIAL LESION
(CIN 2-3) AND LOW GRADE SQUAMOUS INTRAEPITHELIAL LESION (CIN 1)
-- ACUTE AND CHRONIC CERVICITIS WITH SQUAMOUS METAPLASIA

Reading through this makes me really scared....i wish there was something to DO rather than just wait.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: help pathology report interpretation!

Hi there. I'm no expert at reading pathology reports but it seems to confirm your original posting of 5/15 that AIS along with CIN 2&3 are present in the endocervical canal as well as on the cervix. I'm hoping someone will stop by with more than I've offered. I'm interested in knowing what "focal endocervical atypia suggestive of AIS" means. I had a similiar reading except my reading was "focal atypia of squamous cells".

Anyway back to you. Did your Dr. discuss the treatment plan? Were you satisfied with it?

Please keep in touch with the board. I hope we can all be of great support to one another. Take care. I'm thinking of you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
(female)

mikayla19 HB User

Yeah the doc said cold cone biopsy to start with. The cold cone biopsy is partly treatment and partly investigatory to see the extent in my cervical canal. I suppose i'm satisfied, it's all pretty scary right now. He said that i would be closely monitored after the biopsy go in for exams and checkups every 6 months for 5 years. Then after I had children (if i ever have children) I'll get a hysterectomy.
So that's what I know, for now. I guess I just have to wait to get the results back from the cold cone biopsy and then go from there.
That is if they ever call me to schedule it.........erg!

Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User

Ok well take care. Hopefully you have a good support system and let us know about the results. ((((((((HUGS)))))))

Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Mikayla, I don't have any further advice about your pathology report. I agree with what has been said. I think the cone biopsy sounds reasonable. Like your doctor said, it is treatment and diagnosis. Are you currently going to a ob/gyn or an gyn/oncologist?

I had my gyn do my cold knife cone, but my gyn/oncologist will do my hysterectomy.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
(female)

mikayla19 HB User

Pickel Eyes,
My Gyn will perform the cold cone biopsy....as far as I know. I've asked him if I should see an oncologist.....but he hasn't gotten back to me. I think today i'll be calling his office. But I think if need be I'll probably follow suit and seek an oncologist if I need more procedures. Fingers crossed I don't !!!
Thanks for the well wishes! I hope all is as well as can be in your world!!

Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Mikayla, my general physcian did my pap, my (brand new to me) gynecologist did the colposcopy and ECC, then she did the cone biopsy. I went to a gyn/onco after the diagnosis from the cone. The oncologist will do my hysterectomy. Did I already tell you this? I can't remember. After the diagnosis from my colpo/ECC I started looking into how many gyn/onco were in my city, looking at their names (just to acquaint myself with them) and to look for webpages that had their names on them to see if I could learn more. But then, I had a sense it was cancer so I was preparing myself for the next step.

If you ever have any questions, let me know, ok?

Closed Thread