It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 02:22 AM   #1
(female)

kelly111 HB User
how long can you have cervical hpv before it gives you cin III

how long can you have cervical hpv before it gives you cin III

Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: how long can you have cervical hpv before it gives you cin III

I don't know. A few years or many, many, many years. The HPV virus is evil. It can start its nasty work early, or it can lie waiting for years and years and years. It can grow quickly, or it can grow very slowly. It is an evil virus. This is my story (the short version).

In January of this year I was told I was positive for high risk HPV/DNA. The next month I was at the gynecologist's office. The next month she did a colposcopy (didn't need a biopsy, everything looked great) and an ECC (endocervical curettage - scraping cervical canal). That gave me a diagnosis of adenocarcinoma in situ (highest stage of precancer). The next month I had a cone biopsy and was diagnosed with cervical cancer Ia1, a very low stage of cancer. Next month (June) I am having a hysterectomy as my only treatment for the cancer. I am blessed it was caught so early.

My husband and I have been together for almost 16 tears. I haven't been with anyone else in that time period. I don't think he has either. So that means my most recent chance of infection was 16 years ago. I could have been infected with the HPV virus from my current husband, ex-husband. I believe my exhusband shared this evil thing with me.

Because we don't know how quickly the virus grows and to what stages, we don't know how long the virus has been in our body. It sucks. Nothing in my life has made me feel less in control of my body or life as HPV and its effects.

This is a scary time. Please keep posting here. Have you (or your partner) been to the gynecologist for a colposcopy yet? Keep posting. There are a lot of wonderful women who post on this board and they'll give you as much information as they can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

kelly111 HB User

Thank you for that. I have never heard of this until I got my pap result that showed hpv and CIN III. Going to the gyno tommorow. Will see what happens from there. I did have a bad pap years ago, went to gyno, he said something about wart (can't really remember), I didn't have CIN III then. I was with my husband for nearly 20years. Divorced 3 years ago. He had been cheating on me with another woman for 2 years. Could have gotten it then, or from him when we first got together. I was 17 years old when we met. Knowing I have HPV sucks in relation to meeting another man and having a relationship. Might just stay single forever.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

It is difficult to understand, especially in the beginning, Kelly. I know. I'd hear of HPV prior to January, but never thought much about it until my diagnosis. My ex cheated on me, too. I didn't really realize it at the time, but I later put everything together and figured I was such an idiot for not figuring it out.

Please check back with us after your appointment tomorrow, ok? You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 06-02-2008, 02:37 AM   #5
(female)

kelly111 HB User

Hi pickle eyes, I went to the gyno today (2nd June), had colposcopy. Have to go for day surgery, he is going to do the leep procedure, what he takes while be sent to pathology.Thought maybe he should have done the ecc, or taken a small biopsy, but he didn't. I have about a month to wait for the op, as far as I can work out cervical cancer is very slow to progress. I will just take each day as it comes. Have to go back to having a period, as I have had a mirena (IUD) for nearly 5 years, you don't get them with this. I've had my kids, should have asked for hyterectomy. Get it over and done with.

Closed Thread