It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

mikayla19 HB User
Cold Knife Cone Biopsy Tomorrow

Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all the kind words and support. Tomorrow, I'll be going in for my CKC biopsy. It's partly a relief and partly terrifying. This is the first time that I've ever had surgery so I don't really know what to think. I think right now i'm functioning with a strong dose of denial....but i'm sure tomorrow morning will be completely different. I'll have my mom and sister with me, so I'll be in good hands.....i just need to work at keeping the whole paralyzing fear thing under control. Anyways, wish me luck........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

Pepper81 HB User
Re: Cold Knife Cone Biopsy Tomorrow

I am sure you will be a champion. Sounds like you have great support from your family. Let them help you stay calm and relaxed. Maybe listen to calming music, bring some mp3 player or cd player to listen to during the procedure. I hear it helps keep your mind off of what is going on and you don't worry about the anticipation.

Best wishes.

*~hugs~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM   #3
(female)

maia1976 HB User

You will be fine, you will be just fine. Breathe and visualize getting better and healthy.
You will be fine.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Good luck and lots of peace tomorrow! I was very anxious before my CKC (especially once I got to the out-patient surgery center). As soon as the doctor came and verified that I was going to go through with the surgery they gave me "good drugs" which calmed me down a LOT!

I think I woke up (was aware) about an hour after surgery. After 1.5 hours I was up going to the restroom. I was home about an hour later. As soon as I woke up they asked if I was in pain, and then gave me meds for pain. When I felt nausious, they gave me meds for that. I slept a lot of that afternoon (until about 7pm). I got up for an hour or two, then went back to bed. I napped off and on the next day. I was out and about (with care not to life, push carts, etc) the next day.

Be sure you let them know you are anxious and that this is your first surgery. Check back with us when you can!

Old 06-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
(female)

mikayla19 HB User

Update:
So I did not have my biopsy yesterday due to Operating Room air control malfunctions. aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! I just want this to be over and for some reason it can't be. So today I go back and have to wait around and do standby at a different Operating Room. Through this whole process it seems like so much waiting and it's driving me crazy. I wish there was more I could do than just hope that they can do my procedure today or sometime next week
Aside from that, my grandmother is in the hospital with severe complications from stomach cancer treatments....it just seems like so much cancer, i don't know what to do with myself. I'm just trying to keep myself pulled together and deal with each thing as it comes......hopefully today my waiting will be over.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

(((hugs to you Mikayla!))) I pray your doctors were able to do the CKC today!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
(female)

mikayla19 HB User

Had my CKC on Friday!! I'm soooo very relieved that's over. The day of, I had a lot of cramping and a little bleeding. So far no more bleeding and I'm just generally fatigued. I stopped taking the prescription pain meds on Sat because they made me super icky and nauseous. Now I just have to wait for results......this whole waiting business really bugs, but I guess that's how it goes. Anyways, thank you thank you thankyouthankyou for all the kind, supporting, calming wonderful words they helped more than you know!!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mikayla, I'm so glad you finally had it done! (((hugs))) I only took my prescription pain meds for one day, too. I really didn't need much ibuprofen after that, even.

Did they tell you how long it would take to get the biopsy report? My doctor's office told me 4 days. I started calling on Tuesday (after cone on Friday). I had my results by Friday the next week.

Now, take it easy. No lifting, or straining, or twisting.

Take care and be sure to let us know how the pathology report reads! (((hugs and prayers)))

Old 06-09-2008, 08:02 PM   #9
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User

Mikaylla....one step closer to a healthier you!!! Best wishes to you and also for your grandmother. Sounds like your going through a tough spot right now but here's sending "strength vibes" your way. Take care of yourself, relax, allow yourself to be cared for during this recovery. Check in often and keep us posted. Night,night!

Closed Thread