My diagnosis is that I'm borderline cin3/invasive - AIS. They are doing a Cone to determine what type of hysto I will have, either vaginal or abdominal. They want to do a cone on July 14 & hysto on 16th. I have only seen one article about having to have the hysto within 72 hrs. of the cone. But not a whole lot of info on this. Has anyone else been through this? The doc says it's not cancer? Are they waiting to do the done to determine if I do or not? Please help
Last edited by infoforme62; 06-09-2008 at 03:11 PM.
I was diagnosed with AIS in March, and had a cold knife cone and was diagnosed with cervical cancer (endocervical adenocarcinoma Ia1) in April. I am having my hysterectomy next Wednesday. I am having another cold knife cone on Tuesday. My doctor told me the hysterectomy needed to occur within 48 hours of the cone, or there would be too much swelling to do the hyst. She said, if it weren't done in that time period, then we would have to wait 6 weeks.
I am seeing an oncologist. She is doing the hysterectomy. Are you having your gynecologist, or a gyn/oncologist doing your hysterectomy?
Yeah, my gyn is a gyn/oncologist. He was the one who performed my leep a few weeks ago & then told me I had to have a Hysto. He just wants to determine what type, vaginal & abdominal? He says he doesn't think it's cancer. Could it be?
Yes, my surgery was scheduled back in April. I go in June 17th for the cone, then go home for the evening. I return bright and early the next morning for the hyst. I'm having a LAVH (laparoscopically assisted vaginal hyst). The doctor says I'll be in the hospital 2 to 3 nights.