It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Cool I'm in for the count down . . .

I have less than a week before I have my hysterectomy.

Yesterday I went to my very first gastroenterologist appointment. She decided that I needed a colonoscopy TODAY! I went into an emotional tail spin. I've been doing the colon prep-stuff since noon yesterday.

Today I work on the house and chores (between trips to the restroom), then this afternoon I go for my very first colonoscopy.

Friday (tomorrow, the 13th) is my pre-op ultrasound, then appointment with my doctor, then head to the hospital to do paper work, meet the anesthelogist, and get blood work done.

Saturday and Sunday finish up all of the (ever increasing) list of chores and errands that I need to do, and spend some quality time with my husband . . .

Monday the 16th my parents come into town. I plan to spend some alone-time before they get here.

Tuesday the 17th (at 7am) is my second cold knife cone biopsy at day surgery.

Wednesday the 18th (at 1pm) is my laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH) with 2-3 nights stay in the hospital.

I am trying to stay focused and not panic. I guess I'm doing ok. Heck, my oncologist's nurse said I'm doing well. I called her this morning to make sure it was ok to have the colonoscopy this close to the hysterectomy. She said sure. When I told her I was trying to not bug her too much she said I was doing fine. I translated that to, "I haven't called her as much as other patients have." When I said that, she just laughed. I guess it is true! I told her I found an online community that has done a good job of answering my questions so I didn't have to bug her. She repeated, "You are doing fine. You'll get through this fine." I took a huge sigh and told her I needed to hear that. She repeated it before we hung up the phone.

Anyway, I'm writing to update those of you who might be following my journey AND to ask for any and all prayers, well wishes, lighting of candles, messages sent to the universe, whatever. If I may be so presumptious as to ask for you to pray for the doctor to have clear eyes, sure hands, find/do whatever she needs to find/do so that I am healthy, that my family members (and I) have peace and understanding, that this procedure bring the family closer together and to bless us, and those we meet. Lastly, I ask for prayers of health and a speedy, complication-free recovery.

I so appreciate all of you wonderful women (there aren't any guys here, are there?). You have been so supportive and comforting. You are all in my prayers, too!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User
Re: I'm in for the count down . . .

Will be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way PE! I am sure you will do just fine and sail through your hysterectomy with flying colors. In speaking to a lof of women recently (friends, co-workers) about my situation and my worst case scenarios etc, I was pleasantly surprised to hear how many women have hysterectomies for a variety of reasons. It helped me feel better incase I needed to have one knowing that although it is a major surgery - it is also a very common one.

I know you are in very capable hands, and it is good you will have so many people who love you around to care for you.

I'll be checking back to see your wonderful progress.

All the best - Mel

Old 06-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
(female)

BE 123 HB User

Hey Pickle Eyes, I haven't checked this board recently but as a woman who is also struggling with various gyn stuff (including HPV...still here) I want to wish you well. You come across as very strong and smart. Things will be ok one step at a time. And the prep is absolutely the worst part of the colonoscopy. Good luck!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User

Hey PickleEyes...we will be with you in spirit and awaiting your return to the boards...hmmm...is there wifi in the hospital??? Glad to hear you've got so much support. Here praying for the very best of everything for you....the very best doctors, the very best spirit, the very best resolution to this, the very best outcome, the very best strength mentally, physically & spiritually, the very best doctors, pathologists, nurses and the very best recovery!!!!

Hmmmm...still wondering about wifi in the hospital???

Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #5
(female)

Pepper81 HB User

I don't know if I can offer any better words than the rest of these lovely ladies have given you, so I will leave you with this Irish blessing.

"May good luck be your friend in whatever you do and may trouble always be a stranger to you."

Best of luck!! We, of course, have nothing but positive thoughts and wishes for you!

Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

(((((Mel, Brieaukirsch, Mommy, and Pepper))))))))) I made it through the colonoscopy. It took THREE sticks to get my IV started; one still hurts. The doctor was delayed 1.5 hours, too. Otherwise things went well. I got home, slept, hubby woke me for dinner, then I slept again. I slept a total of about 13 hours!

I'm about to print out my list of pre-op questions to take with me to the oncologist. I'll be seeing her in 6 hours. I've got a lot to do between now and then, but thought I'd pop in and thank you ladies for all of your support and positive, inspiring words! They REALLY help! (((hugs))) to all of you. I'll be checking in as time goes!

As far as Wi-Fi, I'm sure the hospital has it, but I use a desktop computer! Yes, I'm in the dark ages! lol! Maybe someone will bring their desk top and I can get on it. <crossing figners>

Thanks again ladies! You all mean so much to me!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:51 AM   #7
(female)

mikayla19 HB User

Pickel Eyes,
I know only good things can come to you. I'm wishing you the very best of everything possible! When I was in the hospital last week and I started to get freaked out and overwhelmed I would close my eyes and visualize the ocean. Visualizing waves form, crest, and break. The way the horizon meets the sky. It's constant and ever-moving. I don't know it was something to focus on that was completely external to my situation and comforting in its constancy. Remember, that we are all here wishing and pushing with our mighty force for a successful surgery, fast recovery and your overall well being!! Hang in there friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! <3 <3

Old 06-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
(female)

TatCat HB User

Hi Pickle Eyes,
(Cute name) You sure are going through a lot! I hope everything went well with your colonoscopy.
I just had my first one on Monday, fotunately for me, everything came back benign. I hope yours does as well!
I had my hyst in Feb, and just when things started to settle down, Boom!
This came up.
I just wanted to let you know that I wish the best possible outcomes for you, and hope that everything settles down soon.

Cat

Old 06-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikayla19 View Post
Remember, that we are all here wishing and pushing with our mighty force for a successful surgery, fast recovery and your overall well being!! Hang in there friend. You are in my thoughts and prayers!! <3 <3
What a wonderful visualization of the ocean waves! I think I'll use that! I also liked the image I got of all my online buddies getting behind me and helping push the cancer (and my worries) away to allow me to heal . . .

and as Tatcat said . . . "I just wanted to let you know that I wish the best possible outcomes for you, and hope that everything settles down soon. "

All of you are really helping boost my spirits and helping me face this wish courage, strength, faith, and hope. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

Old 06-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #10
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User

Hi Pickleeyes...

Congratulations! This is YOUR week...the week that you will be healed. We are pulling for you, will be thinking of you and will definately miss you on the boards this week. Here's praying for a successful surgery in every regard and a new beginning....one of health and happiness! You take care and we'll be awaiting your return.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you, MommyandWifey! ((((hugs)))) I was just popping in to post this when I saw your wonderful words "the week that you will be healed. Wow! What powerful words! Thank you!

Mom and Dad are now in town and everything is in a whirlwind! I have to hurry up and pack for the Wednesday (and Thursday and Friday and hopefully that is it) hospital stay. We go to dinner in 3 hours. My how time is winding down!

I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 tomorrow morning for the cone biopsy. Then back again Thursday at 11am for the hysterectomy. The results from my colonoscopy are in, but I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back (with the doctor's ok to tell me what it says).

Please keep me in your prayers!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:25 AM   #12
(female)

angela6 HB User

hi pickle eyes.hope everything went well for you.im sure it did!you sound very together and composed,a real inspiatation!i wish you a speedy recovery.
(((((hugs)))))

Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #13
(female)

NikkaBlu HB User

Hi PIckle Eyes...
Sending you HUGS and well wishes.........

~nikka

Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm baaaaa-aaaaaaack!

I had my cone biopsy on Tuesday and hysterectomy on Wednesday. I stayed in the hospital until Friday at 6pm. I couldn't stand it any more. It was so noisey and they kept coming my room. I seriously, didn't sleep for more than about 45 minutes at any one time. Annoying. I got home, took meds and slept for 3.5 hours. I got up, took more meds, and slept for 4 more hours. Repeated meds, slept for 4 hours and felt like a new woman! I was still sore and tired, but at least I knew I could rest!

Thank you so much for all of the prayers and well wishes! I'm a bit sore right now, but will poke my head back in later today.

Hugs to you all!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #15
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User

Way to go PICKLE! I knew you would pull through with FLYING COLORS!

Sending you get well wishes!

Now go back to bed!

Closed Thread