It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

Pepper81 HB User
had my LEEP today

Hey all. I was supposed to go to the Gyno today to have a consultation and go over the LEEP procedure and any questions I had and reschedule the LEEP for a later time. Although, when the doctor asked when I wanted to have the procedure done I said today, jokingly, because the sooner the better I say. And I guess they were willing to accomodate me and stayed past the time they normally close to do it. I didn't feel any discomfort or pain beyond the normal speculum pressure-thank god. I did get my results from my colposcopy from April '08 saying that I had an ECC done as well, which my doctor had not previously informed me about and that came back negative. I was very very nervous and had to have the novacaine without any epinepheron in it cuz I am very sensative to it. I had ringing in my ears and tingling in my legs, but it passed. It's been a few hours and I am crampy and a bit sore and am expecting it to be worse tomorrow before I get better. Now all I have to do is wait 7 days for the results to come back and I am hoping for a clean report, clear margins, etc. Thanks for all of the help and support over these past few montsh, I will be sure to keep you all updated and will still be checking in daily.

~*love*~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User
Re: had my LEEP today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper81 View Post
Hey all. I was supposed to go to the Gyno today to have a consultation and go over the LEEP procedure and any questions I had and reschedule the LEEP for a later time. Although, when the doctor asked when I wanted to have the procedure done I said today, jokingly, because the sooner the better I say. And I guess they were willing to accomodate me and stayed past the time they normally close to do it. I didn't feel any discomfort or pain beyond the normal speculum pressure-thank god. I did get my results from my colposcopy from April '08 saying that I had an ECC done as well, which my doctor had not previously informed me about and that came back negative. I was very very nervous and had to have the novacaine without any epinepheron in it cuz I am very sensative to it. I had ringing in my ears and tingling in my legs, but it passed. It's been a few hours and I am crampy and a bit sore and am expecting it to be worse tomorrow before I get better. Now all I have to do is wait 7 days for the results to come back and I am hoping for a clean report, clear margins, etc. Thanks for all of the help and support over these past few montsh, I will be sure to keep you all updated and will still be checking in daily.

~*love*~

So glad you got through it okay Pepper - you are quite a trooper to have no sedation! Sorry you had cramping after - I had none, maybe because I was still doped up for the remainder of the day - I also know he gave me a lot of novacaine into the cervix which had to be a lot easier to give to someone who was asleep!

keep us posted on your results - fingers crossed that you have clear margins. I know the agony is a big pain in the butt - but try not to think about it until the day you will hear from them, I wasn't worried until a week had gone by and then I got very antsy to hear my results.

I will watch to read your update!

Mel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2008, 09:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I just saw this message, Pepper. How are you feeling? Well I hope!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 AM   #4
(female)

Pepper81 HB User

I think I either mistyped my message or you misread it. I had novacaine, so I was numbed, I just didn't have any epinepherine in the novacaine cuz I react badly to it. There is no way I would have done that without being numbed. I am still very sore and it is annoying the crap out of me that I can't wear tampons, but I understand why. I mean if I am still sore without anything inserted ic an only imagine how sore I would be if anything were to touch the scabbed over cervical area..I get chills thinking about it.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper81 View Post
I think I either mistyped my message or you misread it. I had novacaine, so I was numbed, I just didn't have any epinepherine in the novacaine cuz I react badly to it. There is no way I would have done that without being numbed. I am still very sore and it is annoying the crap out of me that I can't wear tampons, but I understand why. I mean if I am still sore without anything inserted ic an only imagine how sore I would be if anything were to touch the scabbed over cervical area..I get chills thinking about it.
Wow - guess everyone reacts different, might also have to do with how much is removed. I felt nothing after - would have no need to use a tampon etc. I knew that you had novacaine - but even getting a shot in your cervix is somethng I would not want to be awake for!

Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
(female)

Pepper81 HB User

I was most anxious about the shot in the cervix than anything else in the procedure. I didn't even feel the needle when I was receiving the novacaine. Maybe my doctor just knew where to place the needle so it was less painful. Also, as soon as she gave the first injection I was pretty numb, I felt nothing after that-except the speculum..ooo I dislike those things.

Closed Thread