It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
(female)

BE 123 HB User
Re: cervical dysplasia: Cryosurgery vs. laser ablation?

Oh, if the doctor told you he got clear margins from the vaginal laser then he probably did a laser excision, which provides a specimen that can be sent to the lab for analysis. That is better but more invasive than an ablation with no specimen. You can still have normal screening in 3 months. Did you have just one spot of vaginal dysplasia? It also depends on how big that spot is. You should ask for your pathology report to confirm clear margins. Just out of curiosity if you don't mind sharing, where do you live and where is the doctor who is skilled in laser? There are so few who still know how to use laser now that LEEP has replaced it. I went out of state for mine but I didn't care, I knew which treatment I wanted and I paid good money to get it. I hope this is the end of your hpv story. I get so angry at the medical establishment and how they handle hpv (or rather don't) sometimes.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
(female)

angvig HB User
Re: cervical dysplasia: Cryosurgery vs. laser ablation?

I was told that is was the upper third of my vagina and cervix the little I have left of it. But my doctor who did the laser was excellent, I am in no pain and have been doing great since I got home, he is the head of the oncology/gyn unit here in Connecticut. It takes a very skilled doctor to not damage any surrounding tissue, and no how to use the laser correctly. I emailed you some info brie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread