It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Squamous cell metaplasia

Ya'll have been so incredibly helpful during my cancer diagnosis and surgery (and now recovery). I have a tiny question.

When I got the pathology report back (that said the doctor got all of the cancer in the biopsy prior to the hyst) it said that the cervix had "squamous cell metaplasia." I know this is an atypical cell growth of the squamous cells. But could it be atypical because of the cone biopsy I had 2 months prior to the second cone and subsequent hyst? I know it isn't anything like the "atypical glandular lesions" that were found way back in March . . . but I'm just curious as to where "metaplasia" falls on the atypical cell range.

Thanks, ladies!

Last edited by Pickle Eyes; 06-27-2008 at 12:43 PM. Reason: spelling - hope I got it all!

Old 06-28-2008, 06:02 AM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: Squamous cell metaplasia

Hi Pickle! I haven't been here as regularly as normal so there was a lot to read this AM. First, I'm glad to read about your post hyst path...they got ALL the cancer!! Very exciting news!! I suppose the colonoscopy went well also. Remember we "AGREED" that week was your week to be CURED? Now look where you are. Very, very happy for you.

As for your original question, I suppose your theory could be correct...also it seems I've read somewhere that "metaplasia" could be a healing stage so perhaps you were still in the healing process. I'm not sure though so be sure to validate this with your Dr or maybe a web search.

Take care and glad to hear about your post op results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Squamous cell metaplasia

Hey, Mommyandwifey! (((hugs)))) I'll certainly be verifying "metaplasia" with my doctor but that isn't for another 2 more weeks, so I thought I'd get some ideas from online to tide me over!

The colonoscopy (blech) went ok. I was sore or the right side (descending colon?) for about 3 days. My friend who took me home said I was complaining of that pain immediately after the procedure, too. Anyway, the biopsy came back with the polyps being of "no concern." :happy dance:

And that pathology from the hyst?! :holding tummy to be careful during hyper happy dance:! LOL I'm still needing to rest a lot. My mind is much more ready to get up and do stuff; my body holds the control, though and it say NOPE! Really though, I am doing well. I am pleased with my progress.

Mommyandwifey, I wanted to thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes during the past few months. It REALLY has meant a lot to me! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Closed Thread