It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #1
(female)

merca_1 HB User
Cool ECC says immature atypical squamous metaplasia

Hi,
I too have a question about this metaplasia term. I had a biopsy which said I had CIN 2/3 and then had a LEEP done. At the time of the LEEP, they did an ECC that came back, immature atypical squamous metaplasia. Evidently the cervical sample came back with no CIN at all. This was in November. My April Pap came back normal. My OB Clinic docs have said nothing remarkable about this ECC, but my internet research has me a bit cautious.

Metaplasia, from what I have read, seems like a defense mechanism of the cells. Atypical metaplasia seems to be a precursor to disease. Does anyone have experience with this term?

Now it is July. For weeks now, I have been having pains right over my uterus. I also can feel tinges of pain from my cervix up to my uterus. Does anyone who has LEEP or other cervical disease ever feel these pains?

Also, we are going to try and get pregnant very soon. Is this atypical metaplasia something I should get re-ECC'ed before I get pregnant?

Thanks ya'll

Old 06-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: ECC says immature atypical squamous metaplasia

Merca, it sounds like you are having good success with your treatments. Personally, I'd ask the doctor your questions because you want to get pregnant. Maybe an appointment with him/her to discuss a timetable, if you need one (like sooner rather than later or take your time).

I asked a question about metaplasia in the past week. It seems metaplasia could be anything from healing tissue (like after an ECC or cone) or from intercourse or from an infection. I don't think it (in my experience and knowlege) is a big concern. To be sure, I'd ask the doctor or his/her nurse.

I'm sorry I'm of no help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread