It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #1
(male)

npkallergy HB User
High Fever After chemo

Hi,

My mother in law got diagnosed with Ovarian cancer in january and went through six rounds of chemotherapy. Her recovery got harder with each chemo but after the last one, her recovery is not going well at all. She suddenly developed high fever due to some infection possibly. It is usually over 101F. Taking tylenol helps for sometime but it creeps back up. She is in the hospital right now (out of the US) and they have done a lot of tests but cannot figure the cause of the infection. It has been two weeks already but the fever refuses to go down. He suggested that this could probably be tuberculosis too. Does anyone know of someone who is or has been in the same situation?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: High Fever After chemo

I don't know what it could be, but wanted to let you know I am saying a prayer for your mother in law. Please let us know how she is doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

Ladynimue49 HB User
Re: High Fever After chemo

I don't want to alarm you, but chemo lowers the body's immune system and can make
the patient prone to infections. That's why I had to get a white cell shot the day
after every chemo treatment. I was also very careful about avoiding germs.
It's a good thing that your mother-in-law is already in the hospital. I'm sure they will
find the cause of the fever, but she may have to stop the chemo for awhile if she isn't done already, so her body can get strong again.
I don't know if this is any help, but remember you are not alone in this. I talked to
anyone that had information for what I was going through.
Take care and be brave.

Closed Thread