It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

marydaft123 HB User
ovarian cancer ??

I have severe pain in my right side and in my lower back. I have gained a few pounds and I am always tired. The doctor found a cyst on my overy that was a inch big about 1 yr. ago.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
(female)

hoppy55 HB User
Re: ovarian cancer ??

Have it checked out and then get a 2nd opinion. Going thru this with my mother.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

TNWalker0709 HB User

Hi, most ovarian cysts are benign and will resolve by themselves, and they can cause the symptoms that you mention. However, you need to have a follow-up with your doctor, just to be sure everything is okay.

I had cysts on my ovaries for several years. Last year, I was having all of the symptoms of ovarian cancer - fatigue, bloating, weight loss, pain, etc. An ultrasound showed that one of my cysts had become a solid mass.

I had surgery to remove my ovaries and everything was benign. My symptoms have all disappeared since then.

I hope you get some relief and some answers soon.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User

Hello Marydaft,

What these are ladies are telling you is bang on. Severe pelvic pain should never be ignored or passed off as female problems. True that it may end up being as simple as a benign ovarian cyst or a problematic appendix but don't try to diagnose yourself. Persistent symptoms are a sign from your body that something is not right and you need to see a physician in order to do further tests.

Also, if your doctor tries to dismiss your complaints or explain them away as women problems, don't take this. Insist at least on an ultrasound (these are not very expensive and can be quite effective at seeing any growths or problems in the pelvic region. If he is adamant, find another doctor. You know when things make sense and when they don't so use your judgement in addition to your doctor's professional advice.

As tough as it is you musn't jump to any conclusions (such as diagnosing yourself with cancer) but on the other hand you need to get to the bottom of your troubles and for that you require a professional. If you need moral support or friendly advice, we can help with this but we are not physicians so go and see someone very soon.

Take care of yourself and come back and tell us how you are doing.

Closed Thread