It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

hanktison34 HB User
cervix after leep

how long does it take cervix to heal after leep

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
(female)

melgreeneyes HB User
Re: cervix after leep

Hi - I'm sure you will get various answers on this. And I would guess that there are degrees of 'healing'. For instance do you mean how long does it take to heal before you can use a tampon again, have intercourse and swim? Or how long does it take to 100% heal as if nothing was ever done?

One reason why you will get various answers is because everyone heals at different rates and each leep might also be done differently - meaning more of the cervix is removed on one person then another.

I can only offer you my experience - - I had my leep done on June 4. I had no bleeding after, and the only evidence I saw was the solution they used to stop the bleeding came out a week later in small amounts.

4 weeks to the day I returned to my gyncological oncologist. For 4 weeks I could not use a tampon, take a bath, go swimming or have intercourse. He re-examined me and said I was healing very very well and I had the green light to resume all previous activities.

I was nervous to have intercourse at first as I had read stories of women saying how much it hurt - well I saw NO difference whatsoever after the leep and continue not to feel any pain during intercourse.

I'm guessing my cervix is not 100% 'healed' but it has healed enough for me to go back to my normal way of life.

Hope this helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I agree with Mel, you'll get a wide variety of answers.

I didn't have a LEEP, but I had a cold knife cone biopsy. I was told 2 weeks without anything in the vagina. At my 2 week exam the doctor said 2 more weeks. I was bummed (and so was hubby!).

Like Mel said, there are also different levels of "healed." Kind of like after a bad cut, it takes a while before you can go without a bandaide and worrying about the cut opening, then it takes quite a while for the red (and later pink) mark to go away and be flesh colored.

Hope that helps.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:48 AM   #4
(female)

vanessa 07 HB User

When I had the Leep procedure done my Dr. put my restrictions at 6 weeks. I don't know if the time was longer than others because I had just delivered a baby about 4 months before. I think it really depends on your Dr. and how severe the procedure was.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
(female)

Marie1973 HB User

I had this procedure done when I was 27 due to precancerous cells on the cervix.It took a few minutes for the procedure.I was groggy the rest of the afternoon,but back to work the next day.It doesn't hurt.
The biopsy caused more discomfort.
Good luck to you.

Closed Thread