It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Ultrasound update...

Hey there, just wanted to let you know i spoke with the nurse this afternoon but i am kinda confused. Not that i want anything to be wrong i will be happy not to go back again! This is what they said: They said i still have simple ovarian cysts. She is going to talk with the Dr. and he will go over the report to see if i need to keep following up. Okay heres where i am confused

(Simple)Simple ovarian cysts that are larger than 5 - 10 centimeters and complex ovarian cysts that persist should be surgically removed. Laparoscopy or exploratory laparotomy can be used.

Now i am sure thier saying mine are smaller than this at the most they were 3cm about two months ago but they are persisting? What do you think the outcome will be? I believe the last ones were complex and simple, how do they really know ift hier dangerous?
Love, Monkey

Old 07-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #2
(female)

eva7 HB User
Re: Ultrasound update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey5 View Post
Hey there, just wanted to let you know i spoke with the nurse this afternoon but i am kinda confused. Not that i want anything to be wrong i will be happy not to go back again! This is what they said: They said i still have simple ovarian cysts. She is going to talk with the Dr. and he will go over the report to see if i need to keep following up. Okay heres where i am confused

(Simple)Simple ovarian cysts that are larger than 5 - 10 centimeters and complex ovarian cysts that persist should be surgically removed. Laparoscopy or exploratory laparotomy can be used.

Now i am sure thier saying mine are smaller than this at the most they were 3cm about two months ago but they are persisting? What do you think the outcome will be? I believe the last ones were complex and simple, how do they really know ift hier dangerous?
Love, Monkey
Have them removed. If they are causing you pain, that is. My MD's didn't want to remove mine either, even though I was in terrible, constant, daily pain. Finally, after 3 years passed I got my surgery. They ended up having to take that ovary. Get them removed while they're small. Sometimes simple cysts do not go away (I'm a prime example of this). The bigger they get, the more they will hurt.

You have to take control of your own care. Find a MD that will listen to you and not say, "They are just cysts. All women get them." That's BS.

I do think they like to wait 3 cycles (3 months) but after that you need to look into other options.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Re: Ultrasound update...

eva, thanks for the reply and others. I totally agree i believe they srarted cheking on them like a year ago. My thinking is the same as well even if they are going away they keep coming back and always seem to get bigger but also until i have the report or hear what the dr. says i am ready to have them out. So i don't have to worry about another issue as anxiety gets the best of me. And i have just recently been discussing pain issue on another thread and who know i do get pain but not that severe but i take pain medications daily so i am thinking what would it be like now that i have these cysts and wasn't on pain meds? I know i would feel something like a rupture or torsion ect. i'm sure even with meds cause even with very strong meds you can feel child labor so i say just take em out and get on with it! Thanks for the support gals and i will keep you updated on what i find out further!
Love, Monkey
P.S From what i have heard they can possibly make back pain worse also hmmm, makes one think!

Closed Thread