It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Complex cyst, nausea, vomiting, severe pain, PLEASE HELP

I have struggled with pelvic pain and problems for many years. I have been diagnosed with endometriosis, and had my seventh surgery in March. I developed an incisional abdominal hernia as a result of all the surgery, and I just had my third surgery to fix it.

I had been on the Pill for several years, and used the active pills to skip as many periods as I could. I developed complications from this last surgery and during my hospitalization, developed a blood clot. I was told that I had to stop the Pill right away even though they had no answers about what would treat my endo, and what may happen as a result. I stopped the pills in May and had an initial period, but none since.

After suffering prolonged pain, my surgeon did a CAT scan which found the complex cyst in my right ovary. It is small, 2.7cm, yet I am having severe nausea, vomiting, and pain. I have gained over 20lbs since March, and no one knows why. My surgeon kept telling me that it was fluid and swelling from the surgery, but even now she does not know why, or what to do. I have used all of my FMLA at work, and now they are threatening to fire me, and missing work is making it very easy for them.

I finally see my OBGYN Friday for an ultrasound, and I feel like she is going to say that I have to have surgery again, which would get me fired for sure. I am fairly sure that the cyst has grown, as I had no symptoms before. I don't know how worried I need to be about this cyst and all the symptoms that come and get stronger everday.

Any advice would be so helpful and appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

Last edited by butrfligirl28; 07-17-2008 at 12:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Complex cyst, nausea, vomiting, severe pain, PLEASE HELP

Hi Amanda, you've really had a rough time. I'm so sorry!

Stay on your doctor about that cyst. Tell them about your concerns and all of your symptoms.

I had a complex cyst several years ago. I don't know how big it was, though. It went away though.

Good luck at your appointment and please report back to us!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

Thanks so much for replying Pickle! I have the ultrasound and see the doctor this morning. One the one hand, I need it fixed because we have been wanting to try and get pregnant. I am assuming the cyst is stopping my periods? I hope I get some good news today. I have never experienced nausea this bad. I am using phenergan tablets and suppositories. I am still having severe nausea. What gives?

Again thank you! I need all the help I can get!

Your Friend,

Amanda

Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Amanda, I'm sure you are, but make sure your doctor knows that you are trying to conceive.

Good luck with the appointment today! I have my 4 week follow up with my gyn/onc this afternoon. I'm a little anxious.

Check back later, ok?!

Closed Thread