It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
(female)

TNWalker0709 HB User
Vaginal lump

Okay, this is a bit embarrassing, but I guess we're all used to discussing this stuff here, so here I go. (There isn't a separate board for this, so I hope I'm on the right one.)

A couple of months ago, I noticed six or seven very small, hard lumps or nodules right at the front entrance of my vagina. They're actually located right where the soft tissue of the labia minora ends and the more rigid tissue of the vaginal canal begins. They were very small, about the size of a sesame seed, but very hard and unmoving under the skin. Most of them were in a line, though several of them were grouped up together.

I didn't think much about it at that time, and assumed that they were perhaps some type of vaginal gland. (They're not in the location of the Bartholin's glands though.)

This week, however, I've noticed that not only are the lumps still there, but several of them have gotten larger. One is now about the size of a small garden pea. (It's a fraction higher up on the labia minora than the others.) They still are not painful, but are very firm and non-moving.

I'm scheduled for a follow-up Pap with my gyn/oncologist next month (I had carcinoma in situ (CIS) caused by HPV on my vaginal cuff last year and had to have laser surgery for it.) I will mention it to him then, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had anything like this. (I normally wouldn't be too concerned, but I get kind of nervous about stuff like this since the CIS and HPV.)

Last edited by TNWalker0709; 07-18-2008 at 06:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Vaginal lump

TNWalker, I don't know. It sounds to me like it could be part of the lymph system, though I don't know if there is anything in that exact location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNWalker0709 View Post
(I normally wouldn't be too concerned, but I get kind of nervous about stuff like this since the CIS and HPV.)
And all I can say about the quote is, "I know. I *know*." I went to my gyn/onc for follow up postop today. I was a nervous wreck. (((hugs))))

Closed Thread