It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 07:22 PM   #1
(female)

chastainchica HB User
Question Cancer Update

Hello new friends,
So, I just got back from my first appointment with the Oncologist today.
It looks as if I am a Stage IA2, but she is not for sure. I am ordered to have a MRI and CT scan this week. She is hopeful that I will be a candidate for the trachelecotmy surgery where they remove the cervix only and keep the uterus intact, so I will possibly be able to bear children in the future. I am lucky as there is a doctor in this office that performs this surgery.

Does anybody have experience or know somebody who has had a trachelectomy??? The research I have read is not too promising. The fertility rate is only about 40% and then there is a much higher chance of miscarriages even in the second trimester. Yikes!

Also does anybody have any experience with using a surrogate mom? I have one baby girl, Allie 10 months, but I would really love to have another child! I feel kind of "jipped" because I did have Pap smears every year. I did everything you're supposed to do, so I am still left asking Why? If only they would have had Gardisil ten years ago....

Please keep me in your prayers.

Rachel

Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #2
(female)

TNWalker0709 HB User
Re: Cancer Update

Hi, I don't have any experience with trachelectomy surgery, but I wanted to stop by and tell you that I'll be keeping you in my prayers that all goes well.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dream77 HB User

Rachel,
Just wanted to tell you I understand how you feel.
I have a 20 month old too and would love to have one more..
I've done everything right too... but I have cysts on one ovary, and in the breast and which are both getting very painful and I go for a follow up ultrasound tomorrow.
I am so worried I hope I see my daughter growing up an I hope I don't have cancer that could explain the cysts forming suddenly everywhere and other symptoms.
My hopes are gradually changing from being able to have a second child to being able to look after my only child.
Don't worry.. if it helps to know there are others feeling "jipped" too :-)

Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi Rachel. I'm so glad you saw the onc, was it a gyn/onc? I don't have any experience with the trach. , but will keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how you are doing. Have you scheduled your surgery?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
(female)

chastainchica HB User

Hey y'all,
I did go to a gyn/onc. I am still waiting on getting scheduled for the MRI and CAT scan. I can't believe it is taking it so long to just get scheduled. They are having to get precertification for insurance, and you know how that goes! I hate the waiting game. That is the worse. Oh well, I can't get my surgery for a few more weeks anyhow because I am still healing from the LEEP procedure.

Does anybody know what the MRI and CAT scan shows? I am probably being paranoid, but part of me wants another biopsy done just to make sure of the results...It seems like such a big decision to have a hysterectomy based on one test.

Thank you for all your warm thoughts and prayers. Dream, let me know how your ultrasound goes!!

Rachel

Old 07-25-2008, 02:05 PM   #6
(female)

chastainchica HB User

Dream, let us know how the ultrasound goes! Thinking of you!!

Rachel

Closed Thread