It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #1
(female)

bunny444 HB User
Swollen Lymph Nodes in my Groin

July 22, 2008. Had Cervical Cancer 1998. Radiation treatments followed a radical hysterectomy and 1/3 removal of my vaginal canal. Been completely healthy since and in very good physical shape. I'm 61 years old. Have not been intimate for almost 8 years. So, no chance of a STD. A few weeks ago, I started to feel really tired, have been losing some weight and my gums became terribly inflammed and painful with sores in my mouth. Then I noticed a swollen lymph node in my right groin. That was three weeks ago. Just a few days ago, another appeared in my left groin. Last night 4 more show up in the left groin area and another smaller one to the left side of my pubic area. They range in size from a large olive to a smaller one, but mostly larger ones. Still feeling rather tired, though my gums are not as sensitive and feel like they are healing somewhat. I'm taking antibiotics precribed by my dentist and have begun dental scaling due to a rather quick onset of gum pocketing. Hoping that this is simply an infection in my body. But...what do you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes in my Groin

I'm sorry that I won't add much but it sounds like your body is responding to an infection. I was told that although enlarged/swollen lymph nodes can be scary, it's what a healthy body is supposed to do to help deal with infections. I know this isn't much but hope it ofers a little bit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 07:06 PM   #3
(female)

bunny444 HB User

Thanks for your response to my posting! Never posted anything on the net. It's very comforting to receive a message like this. I do know what your saying is so and am hoping this to be the case. I will be seeing a Gyno Oncologist tomorrow to understand better what is going on with me. My history with cancer, makes what's happening a bit alarming to say the least. The doctors staff got me in so quick, that, that alone is alarming. Thanks again for taking the time to write!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User

One things for sure on this board...you will get a response. That's what makes it great! I'm glad to hear they got you in so quickly, this means a quicker resolution and then PEACE OF MIND. Feel free to post anytime and try your best to get some rest until your appt. Take care and the very best to you.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi Bunny. I'm sad to hear about the swollen lymph nodes. I am glad, however that you are going to see the gyn/onc so soon. It will relieve your fears! Please check back in with us and let us know how the appointment goes!

Old 07-25-2008, 05:10 AM   #6
(female)

texan1771 HB User

Hey Bunny,this is your dry cuticles lady!!!! I cant believe you had cervical cancer to,look on this message board page 7 for my story,I hope your prablems are only a infection,sounds like it...Let me know whats going on,Ginger

Old 07-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
(female)

bunny444 HB User

Hi Ginger, I haven't read your story yet, but wanted to say thanks for checking mine! I went to the oncologist yesterday. NO CANCER!!! Thank goodness. Don't know how I would have dealt with that Nasty desease again. Yes, it was infection throughout my body! The swollen lymph nodes seemed so pronounced to me because I'm extremely thin, with not an ounce of fat. Perhaps a good thing, but, those nodes surely scared me. Anywazzzz...stay healthy and thanks. Hope your cuticles and nails do as good as mine have!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #8
(female)

bunny444 HB User

Hi MonnyandWifey... I went to the oncologist yesterday. NO CANCER!!! Thank goodness. Yes, it was infection, just like you said. The swollen lymph nodes seemed so pronounced because I'm extremely thin. 103lbs. Anywazzzz...stay healthy and thanks for your kind support. Bunny

Old 07-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
(female)

bunny444 HB User

Hi Ginger, I just began another post to you, and don't know what happened to it, but I think I lost it!!! oy vye. Trying to respond has not been easy as I don't know what I am doing yet. Looked back to page 7 and read your story. Strange enough, your story was the first I read when I signed up to this board on 7/21, the other night. I was pretty frantic that night, searching for answers, or clues to what was happening to me. Funny you should be the first one to acknowledge mine. My heart was sick for you. You are so very young. Though you have suffered greatly, you are STILL HERE through all that you have gone through, and that is a very good thing and a very good sign. I was 50 at the time I was diagnosed with stage 1b cervical cancer. Did vaginal radiation too, (yes, that was very scary and did burn) no chemo (was lucky), however, they clipped 1/3 off of my vaginal canal and sewed it up. Thank you very much. Dr. D. Sex became unbearable. I've been celebate since 2001. Actually this has been very liberating indeed for me. Being alone has taught me so many things, most of all, how much I so love my space . Those sex drives is what gets us women into trouble. But, that's another subject for sure. You've been through so much. I'm so sorry. This board gives us an opportunity to vent our fears and emotions and brings those into our life who are truly supportive and understand the pain, anguish and fear we go through when being so sick. I noticed in your post on page 7 that you had this horrible odor. I did too. I had this odor for years. Thought I was rotting from the inside out! Seems I was. I certainly could relate to what you were going through . I can't imagine that my pap smears never showed that a cancer was brewing in my cervix!! I truly believe it was a matter of negligence on the part of my gynos. After my surgery I left with a pee bag too, but that was removed shortly thereafter. I'm hoping for you with all of my heart. You are a trooper! Very supportive indeed. I just wanted to thank you again for the support you extended to me! Keep well, Ginger. I will be thinking about you a lot. Smiles...Bunny

Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
(female)

bunny444 HB User

Hi Pickle Eyes! Thanks for your post. My oh my, how wonderful it has been to get such support these last few days. Only those who really know, know! Smiles. I've posted replys to those of you who have been so kind to take their time to post to me! So, if you've read them, you will have found out that I am ok (just an infection) and NO CANCER. Whew! what a relief. What a wonderful place to go when you are alone and no one to really really understand what goes on for you, except those with similar experiences! Please keep well and healthy. If you are ill right now...I wish you better tomorrows. Thanks again! Smiles...Bunny

Old 07-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny444 View Post
I can't imagine that my pap smears never showed that a cancer was brewing in my cervix!! I truly believe it was a matter of negligence on the part of my gynos.
Bunny, I've learned that adenocarcinoma isn't always detectable on a pap. Paps do a great job of detecting carcinoma (squamous cell) because that is the type of cells that are on the exocervix where the pap samples. The endocervix has glandular cells which cannot be sampled on a pap.

I've always had good paps and I've always had annual paps. My cancer was discovered because the doctor sampled the endocervix. That was where my adenocarcinoma Ia1 was found.

I don't know what kind of cancer of the cervix you had, but it is possible it wasn't neglect, just biology. I hope your doctors weren't neglegent!

Closed Thread