It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

Pepper81 HB User
A month 1/2 after leep and still spotting

I had a LEEP done over 4 weeks ago, about 5 weeks now, and the discharge had stopped as well as the spotting. Upon being able to resume to having sex with my boyfriend again I noticed the spotting has come back. If memory serves me correctly I remember some other posts of this occuring to others. Is this normal for some people? It truly is obnoxious. You go from wearing panty liners for a month and the joyous day of when you get to stop, only to have it start up again a week later. Any respone on this would be superb.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #2
(female)

tulip2222 HB User
Re: A month 1/2 after leep and still spotting

I haven't had my leep done yet, but I know after my colposcopy I spotted on and off for at least a month. I went in to see my doctor and she told me there was nothing to worry about and it was just an annoying thing that I'd have to wait out. She said anytime you have anything done like that, it just depends on your body to see how long it will heal up. I'm not sure exactly how relevant this is, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to call your doctor!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
(female)

NikkaBlu HB User

I too am in this same siutation..
Have had two CKC's one in April and the other just recently on 6-13. The first time I was pretty good...
This time..I had the procedure and my period within the same week...but I had stopped all the bleeding.. after a couple of weeks.....then once I started having sex again after 4 week check up I noticed that "spotting" resumed... NOW...I had my period again recently and the spotting returned...But I think I am also ovulating.. so now its sort of a ( forgive me for the description)... light pink and clear when before it was dark reddish brown goop.
Whats really got me is that Ive got this constant ache for the past day or two- had sex last night and Im feeling pretty sore up by the cervix area...
dont have a fever or feel ill- so its not likely an infection...
Dr did say sometimes the healing is different the second time around...
wish this would just go away!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #4
(female)

xheartxofxgold HB User

Pepper, i had this same problem.I bled for a month after my leep.Well, really only 3 weeks becuase i had my period too.I waited 3 months to have sex after.When i finally did, i was noticebly tighter, but it hurt too...like i could actually feel the stretching. which i had never had a problem with before the leep. I was in pain for a day or two and was also bleeding again.All that bleeding makes you feel so week.Having the leep done and all the aftermath and post check ups takes alot out of you.

Closed Thread