It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 05:19 AM   #1
(female)

Kell1960 HB User
LEEP Today

In December 2007 I had my yearly pap test. In the past I've always gotten a letter saying everything was fine. I didn't get a letter, have never had an abnormal pap and to be honest just forgot about it.

In June 2008 I went to my docs PA for my routine diabetes check. He asked why I hadn't scheduled a colposcopy. I told him I didn't know what he was talking about. Apparently my pap had come back ASCUS. And Positive for high risk HPV.

In July I had a colposcopy with ECC and another pap. I was told the colpo was clear, the pap came back HSIL and pathology had gotten a speciman container filled with formaldehyde and no ECC scrapings. The doc (not mine, my docs partner) had either not put enough cells in the container or didn't put in any at all.

Last went I went to a GYN. She did another colposcopy. It came back Cin 3 on my cervix and Cin 3 and Carcinoma in situ in my endocervical canal.

So, this afternoon I have LEEP. I'm so nervous.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Hi Pickle Eyes!

Last edited by Kell1960; 08-04-2008 at 05:26 AM. Reason: sp

Old 08-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: LEEP Today

Hi Kell! I was reallllllllllllllly anxious before my cone biopsy. It really went quickly. I was in some pain afterwards, but they gave me pain and nausea meds immediately, which helped immediately. I went home after only 1.5 to 2 hours afterwards. I slept that afternoon (I had mine in the morning) got up for dinner, then went back to bed. I was sore, but didn't hurt.

I'm sure you'll do fine! Check in with us when you feel like it and be sure you take it easy. You want to heal correctly! (((hugs Kell)))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2008, 04:49 AM   #3
(female)

Kell1960 HB User
Re: LEEP Today

LEEP wasn't bad at all. The shots in my cervix hurt a little, but not too much. When she gave me the shots, my heart started racing and my legs started shaking. She had told me that might happen. I know everyone is different, but for me, getting a shot in my mouth from my dentist hurts a lot more than the shots in my cervix did. I'm just glad it's over. My Gyn said I will have the results in two weeks.

Closed Thread