It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

TNWalker0709 HB User
Getting nervous!

I had cervical CIS (carcinoma in situ-cancer which hasn't spread yet) in 2007 and had to have laser surgery for it. I had two Paps at 3 and 6 months after the surgery which were both normal.

I have my next Pap scheduled for Thursday, and I'm getting nervous. It's been 9 months since my last follow-up Pap, which is the longest I've gone between Paps since 2005 when all this started. The "what-ifs" are raring their ugly heads, especially since I also found several seasame seed-sized "lumps" about five months ago and one hard, unmovable lump that has grown to the size of a pea deep in the tissue at the front of the vaginal opening.

I can't help but be afraid of these lumps, especially given the problems I've had in the past with CIS. I guess I've got "cancer head", the thinking you get when you're afraid that everything might be cancer, especially after having already gone through a cancer scare.

Can ya'll please keep me in your prayers and send good thoughts my way. I'd so appreciate it!

Last edited by TNWalker0709; 08-04-2008 at 10:35 AM.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Getting nervous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNWalker0709 View Post

Can ya'll please keep me in your prayers and send good thoughts my way.

You got it, girl! Try to distract yourself, do something fun and pamper yourself! You are in my prayers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

TLValiant HB User

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Terry

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 PM   #4
(female)

TNWalker0709 HB User

Thanks, ladies. I appreciate your support and prayers more than you know. Tomorrow afternoon is my appointment, and I just keep trying to convince myself that everything will be okay, but I guess there's always that niggling doubt to contend with.

I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, how'd it go?

Old 08-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #6
(female)

TNWalker0709 HB User

I had my appointment today with my gyn/oncologist and the doctor said the "lumps" are sebaceous cysts, but he has never seen them in the area where they are located. He was really amazed that they were in that area. There are actually three cysts, one which is 1-cm and two smaller ones.

He said that he doesn't think they are cancerous, thank goodness! He said he could take them out, but it would be very painful and would have to be done under general anesthesia. He said the cure might be worse than the condition in this case. He said he might also be able to insert a needle and aspirate the cysts, but that he'd also need to put me to sleep to do it because otherwise I'd kick him into the hallway if he stuck a needle in that area.

For right now, we're just going to observe them and if they get too large or troublesome, we'll go from there.

Oh, and he almost forgot to do my Pap smear. When I reminded him, he said, "Well, since you've had a hysterectomy, we can wait." I had to remind him that I'd had laser surgery for CIS May of last year and hadn't had a Pap in 9 months (which I think was an oversight on his part.) So, he did the Pap and said I need to come back in six months for my next Pap and to call him if the cysts give me trouble.

That's a relief, anyway! Cysts I can deal with as long as I know they aren't cancer!

Last edited by TNWalker0709; 08-07-2008 at 08:46 PM.

Old 08-08-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm so glad you are reassured! Whew!

I'm also glad you reminded him to do the pap. That just shows that we need to be proactive and make sure we aren't overlooked. Good for you!

Now, you can sleep well tonight!

Closed Thread