It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

Veronica7 HB User
What does "involuting" cyst mean on ultrasound results

I posted a few days ago with questions concerning my ovarian cyst. I now got more details about my ultrasound and wonder what it means. They said it was an involuting cyst. And the report read "probable cyst" measuring 18mm. It did not give details as to what type of cyst ie fluid etc. What does that mean?

I have been having right side for the past 4 days. Yesterday it was really bad and felt like really bad period cramps, but I am not due to get my period for 5 days and I had spotting yesterday. Is that normal with a cyst? Will I keep getting these every month?

I also have menstrual inconsistencies.

The doctor said that if I keep having issues I could go on birth control. I am 37, is that safe to do for someone of my age? And does it really help? She wants to put me on the mini pill which I just read can increase the risk for functional cysts. ?????? How would that help?

Thank you for your time and any info.!

Last edited by Veronica7; 10-08-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: adding comment

Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
(female)

bunny1975 HB User
Re: What does "involuting" cyst mean on ultrasound results

Involuting cyst means intricate,complex; curled or curved inward. I just had surgery removing an ovarian tummer and i spoke with my doctor she says that it is normal for some women bleed out the contents of the cyst. If you have any question or concerns i would sit down and speak to your doctor and if your doctor is not someone you can speak to i would get another doctor. this way you have more of an idea of what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

When my period started doing wonky things, my doctor suggested I go on the pill to regulate my period. My thought was, that only takes care of the symptom - what is CAUSING it to do weird things. At the time I was 35 or so. I was too young for menopausal stuff. Because I didn't cover up the menstrual issues we found I was hypothyroid and had a 9.3cm fibroid.

I would recommend that you seek a doctor who is willing to determine the reason for your irregular/atypical periods.

Best of luck!

Old 10-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

Veronica7 HB User

Thank you for your posts!

I have been tested for thyroid and had a full blood run up, urine tests, etc. so I know it is not thyroid related.

Closed Thread