It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

miscan HB User
Unhappy Spotting , Pelvic Pain , Back Pain

I have had spotting , pelvic pain and back pain for about 2 weeks now .
I was supposed to strt my period aroud the 5th or 6th but just had spotting instead . This has been going on for almost 3 weeks now . I have a ache in my back and adbomen pelvic region that comes and goes it woke me up lasdt night . I am always on time with my period never late they are always heavy with a lot of cramping and back pain the first 3 days then usually tapers off . I always have some kind of PMS this month I didn't . I went to the gy last week she said not to worry that sometimes due to stress , hormones etc that
cfycles get out of wack . She did a pap and checked for STDS . I am waiting on results should be back tomorrow or Wed . I am so worried that I have cancer or an STD . I did have a Leep done in 2001 but have not had any problems since then . Anyone else with any of my problems ?

Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

miscan HB User
Re: Spotting , Pelvic Pain , Back Pain

can someone give me any advise on this ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Did your doctor do an HPV test when she checked you for STDs? It isn't a standard test, so it is something she (he?) would specificly have to request.

If you really think something is wrong, ask your doctor about the chances of fibroids.

Do you know what your diagnosis was that lead to your LEEP back in 2001? What type of atypical cells? squamous? glandular/columnar?

Do you mind telling us how old you are?

Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
(female)

miscan HB User

I am 36 the pathology report from my Leep in 2001 reads as follows
moderate to severe squamous dysplasia cin I -III with endocervical glandular involvenmnet ext involving submitted specimen
Margins free of dysplasia . I don't think she did a HPV test when she did the STD test .

Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
(female)

miscan HB User

Ok I just got my results back today normal pap and no STI i am bleeding a little heavier now but still not a lot . What could be wrong ?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Congrats on the clear pap and STDs. Did the doctor check specifically for HPV? It isn't part of the "normal" STD panal of tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscan View Post
What could be wrong ?
What do you mean? Why are you having spotting, pelvic pain, and/or back pain? It could be from many reasons.

How old are you?

All of those symptoms could be caused from intestinal problems, back problems, stress, an injury to your back, abdomen, or even legs. There are so many things it could be. I highly suggest if your doctor says it isn't your cervix and/or uterus (but what did they do to check that? I can't remember), then you might ask to see a back or intestinal doctor.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #7
(female)

miscan HB User

I went in last week b/c i was having spotting and had not had a period for Oct and couldn't remember if I had one for Sept . She did a preg test , Pap and checked for STIs I got a call from the nurse today said everything was fine i told her about the pain i had over the weekend and that i was bleeding a little heavier and she said it just sounds like irregular bleeding said to wait a couple of months or if it gets worse to come back in . I have never had cramps like that before it was like a gnawing in my pelvic area i usually have throbbing with cramps i guess i'll wait to see what happens next month

Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Unhappy Re: Spotting , Pelvic Pain , Back Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
Congrats on the clear pap and STDs. Did the doctor check specifically for HPV? It isn't part of the "normal" STD panal of tests.

What do you mean? Why are you having spotting, pelvic pain, and/or back pain? It could be from many reasons.

How old are you?

All of those symptoms could be caused from intestinal problems, back problems, stress, an injury to your back, abdomen, or even legs. There are so many things it could be. I highly suggest if your doctor says it isn't your cervix and/or uterus (but what did they do to check that? I can't remember), then you might ask to see a back or intestinal doctor.
I am sixty four and often have a little thicker than water , clear discharge. Because I sometimes itch, (sorry to be graphic), I tend to think it's due to candida as I eat a LOT of pastries. No pain or anything. What could this be?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Susan, I suggest you go to your doctor and request a pelvic exam with a pap. Have you gone through menopause?

Old 10-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

yes, pickle. I'm way past menopause and had become tired of the yearly "you're fine"
since 1965. So ten yrs ago I stopped going to dr's.
Could this be cervical dysplasia? I had that in 1985 and she suggested a hysterectomy. I refused. Then my next pap came back fine again. It was a "2" and came back as a "one." Of course, my "caring" doctor suggested a hyst. in 1970 "if you're finished having a family." My, how times have changed.
hard to imagine dysplasia when no sex in 3 years.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:02 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Susan, please go back to the doctor. As long as you have a vagina you need to get regular exams of it. Some doctors now do exams on healthy women ever 2-3 years (after years of annual "everything is good" exams.

If you had CIN II and CIN I, then there is even more reason to get in there.

That dysplasia is caused by HPV. The virus can lay dormant and/or it can be active for years and years and years (ok, decades) without any symptoms.

Closed Thread