It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
(female)

cla0322 HB User
Unhappy awaiting colopscopy results, and very scared!!

Hi everyone. I am 21 years old, and I recently had an abnormal pap smear result ( December 2008) in which i had mild dysplasia and have HPV (one that is not covered by the gardasil vaccine). I went to my doctor and the gave me a colopscopy and I have been awaiting the results. I got a call today asking me to schedule an appointment because the doctor wants to talk to me about my results. I am scared to death about what he might tell me...and I didn't want to hear over the phone because i would like to ask the doctor questions if it turns out to be bad. I would appreciate any stories from anyone that has had a similar situation (preferrably someone that had mild dysplasia as well?) and what the doctor told them? I am so scared, I am going to meet with him on Friday....

Old 01-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: awaiting colopscopy results, and very scared!!

I'm sorry to hear that you have to wait until Friday to hear the news, but I'm glad it is Friday of this week and not later down the road. I suggest you make a list of questions and take it with you. Start now, ask whatever you can think of (and know the doctor may not be able to answer everything - so prioritize).

Good luck and let us know what the doctor says!

PS and get a copy of your pathology report so you know what is going on. Don't just go by what the doc tells you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

Hi there,

I know you said that you had "mild dysplasia", and would like someone who had been though the same type of diagnosis but I thought I'd share what I'm going through all the same :-).

I also started the whole process with an odd pap and was told I had "significant abnormalities", on that pap. I know the feeling of being very very scared waiting for the results and in my case a referral to an OBGYN .

Honestly looking back I know how you feel. I didnt eat/sleep or think properly until I got definitive results from my doctor. The best thing I ever did during that time was get a prescription for sleeping pills to get my mind resting during that awful time.

Most of the time with mild dysplasia the treatments are very non invasive so dont worry too much hun!. We are all here to help or ask questions to if you need. Pickle is a Cervical bible :-)

In any event here's some reading for you based on what you explained.

Hugs XOXO Jessica

[deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-28-2009 at 06:26 AM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only. Do not post text from other sources.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
(female)

cla0322 HB User

Thank you so much guys! i will let you know what i find out on Friday

<3

Closed Thread