It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

ny28 HB User
2 more days for my cone

I'm going in tomarrow to register into the hospital and then on wed. i'll finally be getting my cone done...i'm so nervous but relieved at the same time...i've been waiting to get this procedure done for a long while now and finallly in 2 more days....yikes! i'm so nervous...i hope it goes well for me

any advice on anything that you ladies think i should ask or mention to my Dr. before or after the procedure?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
(female)

Jules211 HB User
Re: 2 more days for my cone

I don't have any advice but good luck! I can't wait to get my LEEP over with so I know I will go through the whole the whole nervous/relief emotion when it's my turn!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zoe96 HB User

Hi there, NY!!

You will be just fine!!! Best of luck tomorrow, and please let us know how you are doing. Rest up tonight, try to stay calm (hard, I know!!), and wear comfy clothes to the hospital. Make sure to have some thin pads/heavier pantyliners for afterwards, since you'll probably have some yucky discharge for a week or so....but really, it should be totally manageable. I only took one percocet afterwards, then one 800mg motrin the next day, and that was it. The anticipation and awaiting the test results are much worse than the actual procedure!!!

((hugs))

Old 03-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
(female)

Evie1978 HB User

I don't have any advoce as I'm new to this but I will be thinking of you and I hope everything goes well for you x x x x

Old 03-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
(female)

bonesygirl HB User

I had a cone a little over a year ago. You will get through it. It's not as bad as you might be imagining. Just don't forget to breath, try not to stress. Friends and family's support helped me to get through the entire ordeal. Sending happy thoughts and clean margins your way! Send us an update after your surgery.

Old 03-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

Good luck to you my dear and I second Bonsey's clean margin bit!....I think for the whole group of us here we have been pretty fortunate to avoid anything other than surgeries to keep us fit!.

***Hugs***

Jess

Old 03-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I second the suggestion for comfy clothes to wear to the hospital and pads to wear afterwards. I'd like to suggest you wear some sort of slip on shoes, but it isn't essential. I think hubby had to tie my shoes before I left the hospital and had to untie them when we got home. And yes, take a panty liner or pad. They'll give you one if you don't take one, but I prefered mine to what they gave me (aka cotton mattresses!).

I was away from home for about hours, m-a-y-b-e! It is a 15 minute trip each way and I stayed long enough so that I would be ok to walk (I wanted some of the post-op woozy feeling to go away first). If I hadn't done that, I probably could have left an hour or so earlier.

Good luck . . . try not to worry . . . and tell them if you are anxious. They can start your calm-down-drug early. Personally, I love that Versed! It calms me down in seconds! Good stuff! hahahaha

Take care and let us know how you are doing!

Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
(female)

ny28 HB User

well ladies i must say that the surgery was not that bad...i was very nervous at first and yes pickles eyes, my anesthisialogist (however you spell it) was great! she started my drug early so i could be more relaxed...after surgery i woke up with the urge of having to pee or poop dont know which one but i was feeling pain and pressure and they gave me more drugs the pain and urge went away! but i must say i was wearing a pad when i woke up and wasnt allowed to go home until i had used the potty so when i finally went i expected to see blood or somehting and still to the day i havent' bled or no discharge. is that normal? Dr. said there would be some sort of orange paste but nothing yet and it's been a week...anyway back to immediately after i finally got home i felt some cramping and a lil sore. i've been taking it easy. but i can honestly say it wasn't that bad. THANKS LADIES you were right i was ok by like the 3rd day with the exception of needing help with my 2yo son that i couldn't carry or sleep with for days....but THANK GOD i'm ok....

i posted a new thread about my results..don't know why but hear it goes again...

when i called the Dr. on Tuesday he said i was fine! that i was CLEAR! i was so happy to hear that but now i'm having ?'s about what exactly being Clear means...Does that mean i dont have anything like anymore pre cancerous cells or what? i'm assuming i still have the HPV right? since i know there's no cure for it...so what next? i went completely blank when he asked if i had ?'S...i was just happy to be cleared that i didnt bother getting into details....

I hope you're all having a nice day(or night) and like i said before I'M SO THANKFUL I HAVE YOU ALL...GOD BLESS

Last edited by ny28; 03-13-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

Clear would probably refer to clear margins. It means that no abnormalities were found "to close" the edges of the excision.
That is GREAT news

Old 03-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #10
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

I hope with all this good news as of late we can all be as successful in our treatments as you NY. Congrats~

Jess

Old 03-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I'm so glad the cone went so well! I'm tellin' ya' I love the meds they give before hand! They gave it to me before my cone (when I was having a hystereical emotional meltdown) and before my colonoscopy (which I had 5 days before my hyst). I was bonkers before both of those and the versed had me singing the RotoRooter song before going in for the colonoscopy (after basically yelling at the nurse for blowing TWO veins and hurting me while trying to insert the 3rd needle - kind of a long story, but I really WAS singing the RotoRooter song after the versed). I'm a goofball!

Anyway, back to you!

I'm glad you are feeling good. I think, after my CKC I didn't have any real discharge, not even at the 7-10 day postop when many women get a little bleeding.

Yay for you!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
(female)

muriel5 HB User

did you have your leep done? i'm waiting to do mine on monday and am feeling the same way right now. i hope yours went well. cathy

Old 03-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #13
(female)

ny28 HB User

Lol...which reminds me...the guy nurse who was taking me to the surgery room to get me prep for the surgery asked me what i was getting surgery for and i told him, a cone biopsy...and he was like, "ah, a cone biopsy"...and like 3 seconds later he was sing that kumbaya song...except it was cone_baya...it was the funniest thing! he was making me laugh...which was a good thing since i was nervous.. but yeah those meds helped out alot...

oh and about the discharge..yeah i finallly got some of the yucky brownish stuff you ladies were talking about...eew! yeah it's gross...I HOPE IT GOES AWAY SOON...

Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes, the brown gunk goes away within a week.

And Cone-bya had me laughing out loud! I tell ya, those drugs (and a nurse with a good sense of humor) are a blessing!

Closed Thread