It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

sunny1216 HB User
2 leeps with clear margins - still have cin3

so I've had 2 leeps, with clear margins, and I still have cin3, high grade cells. I have to get another leep soon...how is this happening? Oncologist told me that it is not cancer, nor will it be anytime soon, but I'm so confused. If 1-2 leeps cures 90% of cases, then where does that leave me? An advice/help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User
Re: 2 leeps with clear margins - still have cin3

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. CIN3 is not cancer but precancer (highest grade before actual invasive cancer). I, like you, was told that one or two laser ablations should take care of the recurrent VIN3 (vulvar lesions) I had and this wasnt the case either. That was 22 years ago and I am still dealing with HPV which has affected everything from the vulva, cervix, labia, peroneum, anus and now the rectum. It is very scary when you find out you are in that small group of people on whom treatments don't have much of an affect mainly because of your own immune system. I've already had invasive cancer requiring surgical resection, chemo and radiation. It's a hard road to hoe and while it's easy to become depressed and side-tracked, you need to remain vigilant and involved in your care. Get copies of EVERYTHING for your own records. Write down all the questions you have and take the list with you to the doctor. And know that you are not alone and that there are many of us who have been in your shoes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: 2 leeps with clear margins - still have cin3

Hi Sunny!

You might ask your doctor about doing a cold knife cone (CKC) biopsy instead of another LEEP. The LEEP singes/burns the edges of the tissue sample, but the CKCs edges are clean cut.

I don't know how old you are or if you wish to maintain fertility, but those are issue to discuss with your doctor.

Has he/she ever done an ECC (endocervical curettage)? It checks the cells in the cervical canal which are different types of cells than on the outer cervix.

Take care and write back!

Closed Thread