It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

kels0311 HB User
'abnormal cells'

I am so glad i found this website, i am 27 and i am so scared, i just got a letter in saying my smear showed "abnormal cells" i contacted my doctor who said that it is Mild Dyskaryosis, i believe this not to be too bad but i have a young son and am worried,esp with all this jade goody stuff.... i had my last smear 3-4 yrs ago....hopefully it will all be alright!!

The support here looks amazing!

-x-

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-24-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Posts moved, reference to other thread removed.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User
Re: CIN 1/2,Feel Alone And Isolated

With mild I think the chances of it reverting back to normal are GREAT! I think its the UK designation of the staging of abnormalities (w/ CIN) that is utilized here in the states. Look at it this way - it is being caught early!!!! If your body clears it - great.... if not you'll be under treatment

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

kels0311 HB User
Re: CIN 1/2,Feel Alone And Isolated

Thanks Luv Bug.....

I spoke to my doctor this morning who has assured me all is well But it is really nce to know ther is support out ther

I wish all u lovely ladies all the best.....<3

-x-

Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: 'abnormal cells'

I'm glad to hear that you are comforted by talking with your doctor. When you got the letter from your doctor's office did it also contain a copy of the pathology report? If not, I suggest you get one and learn what it says.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:45 AM   #5
(female)

kels0311 HB User

Hey, No the letter was just saying the results of ur smear have shown abnormal cells so we wil send an appt for a Colposcopy....I have the docs again tomoro (thurs 26th) should i ask for it then?

I am worrying again cos i have crampy pains, but i just came off Depo so I know these are prob just normal, but with this at the bak of my mind i cant help it, am sure most women are the same!

Also my friend had a smear with abnormal cells few yrs back and they just re-done her smear....i wonder why i am being sent for a Colpo!?!

xx

Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kels0311 View Post
Also my friend had a smear with abnormal cells few yrs back and they just re-done her smear....i wonder why i am being sent for a Colpo!?!
Ah, the wonders of pathology. I have learned that it is an amazingly inexact science. The most common abnormal result is ASCUS, meaning "atypical cells of undetermined significance." There is also a result of ASC-H which means atypical cells, high grade changes cannot be ruled out. Undetermined significance and cannot rule out high grade . . . that pretty much sounds like the same result to me! Still, many doctors will just re-test ASCUS and have a colposcopy for ASC-H.

Some doctors like to do colposcopy even for ASCUS if it's your first abnormal pap.

Sometimes the pathologist will say the result is LSIL (low grade) or HSIL (high grade). High grade cells usually mean further treatment, while most low grade cells go away on their own. High grade cells look more abnormal than low grade cells.

Still, it's really impossible to tell for sure whether you have low or high grade changes from a pap smear. They need to do a biopsy. That's why you are having the colposcopy. Right now no one can tell you whether you need further treatment. The colposcopy will help figure that out. It's really good that you are getting one.

Whether you need further treatment, it's not going to be a big deal. You will be fine. Just make sure to go to your follow ups!

Old 03-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
(female)

kels0311 HB User

Thanks Lily....

I am still sooo worried tho not sure how do take this my head is completly messed up right now

I know that i am ok one minute then i am thinking the worst, but am pretty sure my doc wud tell me! am glad am havin the colpo and not glad at the same time...such a wide mix of feelings, trying to keep it together for my son....but u know what its like u take ur problems out on the ppl closest to u....i love him sooo much....he is my world

xx

Old 03-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
(female)

kels0311 HB User

Hey Guys....

I spoke with my doc again cos i am still freekin out

Again she has re-assured me and it has helped, and so did the alcohol i had last nite to calm my nerves

Just need to wait now on the Colpo appt coming thru.....

Al keep u all up to date

Thanks again ladies -x-

Closed Thread