It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #1
(female)

lindsroc HB User
Question- white lesion???

I was just thinking about my colposcopy/ECC i had on monday and i remembered the Dr saying she saw a white lesion. What would/could that be? She said it was at 11 o'clock- which is one of the areas they biopsied at my 1st colposcopy. They did the LEEP after the 1st colpo- could they have missed a spot? Seems strange that it's in the same spot. She called in another Dr just to get a 2nd set of eyes I guess, and he confirmed there was a white lesion and they removed it to biopsy.
Any ideas?

Old 03-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Question- white lesion???

The solution they swab your cervix with turns lesions white. This helps the doctor identify any area that needs to be biopsied. So that means your doctor saw something to biopsy (which she did).

If it is growing in the same spot as it did before, then it is still causing a problem. I don't know if it just regrew there or if they didn't get everything the first time.

You might call tomorrow to get your pathology report. They usually only take 3-5 working days.

Let us know how you are doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
(female)

victorian HB User

Perhaps it could be a cyst? These are mucous filled cysts. I just found out I had three large ones removed during my LEEP. They were growing in the cervical canal. Ask your doctor. I need to call mine and get the exact name of the cyst. They cauterized those too.
Victorian

Old 03-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zoe96 HB User

There's something called Nabothian cysts that sometimes occur in the cervix as a result of surgery, such as after a LEEP or CKC. They are benign and harmless. My MRI showed some of those cysts after my CKC, and by the time I had my trachelectomy (cervix removal) the cysts had resolved themselves.

Not sure if that helps any!!

Closed Thread