It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB UserOleander53 HB User
Grading of Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Hello everyone......I got some news today....not sure what to think .

My Path slides were re read at MD Anderson and the Squamous Cell Carcinoma came back Grade 3 From 0 to 3 , 3 is the most abnormal and most likely to spread...Not sure what to think yet. my appt is on 4/3....really makes a difference who reads your slides I guess..... I am having a colposcopy and evaluation at the Gyne Onc clinic.....Send me good thoughts..

Any thoughts on this?

Oleander
Bowen's 1/9
Vulvar Squamous Cell Carcinoma 1/09
Postive Margins 1/09
2nd biospy same results 2/09
Path slides re read Stage 3 3/09
Waiting for Appt at MD Anderson on 4/3
HPV Negative

Old 03-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User
Re: Grading of Squamous Cell Carcinoma

EGADS I can't spell tonight... I'm sending good vibes and if I had left it like I tried to type it the first two times it would be goof vibes as well!!!

stinks that it came back **HUG**

And you are SO right on how much of a difference it makes on who reads your slides.. you could have the best of the best or the guy who works the overnight shift living on 7-11 coffee to stay awake...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

((((Oleander))))) I'm glad they have reviewed your slides! You will be in my thoughts and prayers as your appointment approaches.

When you said that about the slides it reminded me that when I contacted the gyn/onc's office the secretary said that they always have a pathologist who specializes in gyn/cancers to review the slides to verify (correct) other general-pathologist-report(s). I was glad to hear that both reports were read the same.

I don't have anything else to add right now, except you are in my prayers and I'm glad MD Is seeing you!

Last edited by Administrator; 04-28-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I was hoping I would hear from you !!! THANKS and will keep you posted.

Oleander

Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User

Hello Oleander. I had vulvar VIN3 (in situ) which after 2 laser treatments, cryotherapy and numerous therapeutic biopsies I finally ended up with a vulvectomy. Have since dealt with invasive squamous cell of the anus from HPV in 1991 with resection, radiation therapy and chemo. Now some 18 years later am dealing with SCC Grade 3 same as you only mine is in the rectum. It is much easier to do a vulvectomy (my surgeon was the equivalent of a plastic surgeon and you never would have known). This totally removes any affected skin with what should be clear surrounding margins. I was scheduled to have surgery with my old surgeon in NYC this Monday to do local excision (all docs where I live want to do an APR, abdominoperitoneal resection and give me a colostomy) but insurance denies surgery due to out of network. Now I start all over again to find doctor at Duke which is where insurance is referring me. I wish you the best and please post what your anticipated treatment will be. Ask the doc about vulvectomy option that's the only thing that finally stopped the recurrent lesions after 4 years.

Last edited by Drafly; 03-26-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add'l info

Old 03-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

Hi Oleander , I think Dragonfly has some great information to offer you regarding perhaps having that surg done to be over with the worrying!.

I'm glad you have posted on your progress, as I like to know how everyone is doing from time to time .

***Hugs***

Jess

Old 03-26-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks everyone......I am so happy to hear from you all.

DragonFly I appreciate you sharing about your experiences. I may have to call on you.

I will not know the treatment choices until next next Friday 4/3 when I go to MD Anderson. They are doing a Colposcopy on me and checking for invasion but not sure how they will be doing that. I will let you all know as soon as I know.

Jess, Luvbug, Pickleyes annd Dragonfly.........I appreciate you so much. I say I am fine but I am pretty freaked out truthfully........ thanks......Oleander

Old 03-27-2009, 07:14 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dragonfly,

I have read countless stories about "Insitu". It always ends up something pretty severe requiring surgery or Chemo......Yet the Doctors act like insitu is nothing... I see this over and over.....Your story confirms it once again.

My first 2 biopsies came back Insitu, this 3rd one does not mention it? hmm? I will have to get a copy when I go over to MD. I tried to get a copy but they said the Doctor has to go over it with me before they give me a copy. She was able to give me some hints.....

I will opt for surgery before anything else from what I have read. Thanks.

Oleander

Closed Thread