It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

oldfashiongirl HB User
I'm in "waiting" HELL!!!!

I had a LEEP on Monday after a colpo/biopsy confirmed CIN III. I am so anxious to get the results of the LEEP, I am on the verge of having a panic attack and can't sleep or eat. I am so scared that the results are either not going to have clear margins or actual cancer will be detected, god forbid it's invasive.

Do any of you know how consistent biopsy results are with the LEEP results? I know glandular cells can really throw these tests off, but I haven't had any glandular problems show up on any of my paps or ECC's.

Any easing of my mind would be greatly appreciated at the moment. I can't believe I have to wait the whole bloody weekend to find out!!!!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User
Re: I'm in "waiting" HELL!!!!

Waiting hell SUCKS!!!!! Unfortunately, there's nothing you can really do about it. I just told all the people around me, "Be prepared. I am going to be crying, yelling, pouting and just being generally miserable untill I get my results back!"

The good news is the chance of discovering invasive cancer is low. For AIS it's only 2%, and I assume it's lower for CIN 3.

Also, with CIN, the "clear margins" diagnosis isn't so important. It's thought that is most of the stuff is removed, your body can fight the rest. My margins after my cone were positive for CIN 2, and neither the gyn nor the gyn/onc were concerned at all! Plus, the surgery brings your body's attention to that area, and there is a theory that this will help you body to clear the HPV!

You had your LEEP Monday . . . I say call today and see if the results are in !!!!

Last edited by LilyL21; 04-03-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
(female)

Elizabeth1975 HB User

So sorry about the anxiety. Have you tried calling your doc?

Besides the discovery of my glandular problems, my LEEP was consistent with my biopsy findings of CINII.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
(female)

oldfashiongirl HB User

I finally broke down and called the doctor's office (the receptionist is starting to sound annoyed when she asks who is calling ) and was told that pathology isn't in yet today and that I won't find out until Monday at the earliest since the doctors are out today. DRATS!!!!!!!!! I don't know how I am going to survive the weekend not knowing.........

Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User

Not that this really helps, but I know exactly how you feel. And while it's completely awful . . . you will survive it.

Definitely try your hardest to relax. I made my boyfriend watch silly comedies with me while curled up in comfy blanket eating ice cream. Or maybe get a massage. Not sure any of it will really help, but you will pass the time until you get you results.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
(female)

oldfashiongirl HB User

A few people have told me that the doctors office would have called asap if there was really bad news. I hope that's true and that therefore the fact that they haven't called yet means it's relatively good news. Or at least not very, very bad news.

I'm extra nervous because my colpo last May showed CIN I and now this latest colpo in March showed CIN III so it's either progressing very quickly or it was there all along which means I've had CIN III longer than any of us thought!

Strange enough, my paps always came back the same - ASC-H.

Last edited by oldfashiongirl; 04-03-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarification

Old 04-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I'm sorry you are going to have to go through the weekend without an answer. Hopefully they'll have the answers after lunch on Monday.

When I called for results I always said, "I just wanted to let you know that I plan to call once a day to see if the results are in, until they are in." They always said that was fine. I assume it was fine as long as it was only one, polite call per day.

Do something to distract yourself (as much as you can) as often as you can this weekend. The wait is very painful. We have all been through various levels and number of "wait." (((hugs)))

Old 04-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
(male)

Joe38 HB User

Hi,

I'm sorry that you're going thru this waiting hell. But guess what? you're not alone. I still have to wait for a another WHOLE week until my wife gets her colposcopy done after we found out she has ASCUS+HPV. I haven't been able to sleep or eat like I should...and now I still have another week to go. The waves of depression come and go and they're HEAVY! So, I'm not the best person to give you advice at this point because I'm in the same hell and just living my days breathing and crying without any purpose in life(yes, that's how bad I feel). But I had to reply because I felt like I owe some words to everyone going thru the same hell. God help us!

Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Joe, I'm sorry your wife and you are going through this. The waiting is horrible.

Oldfashionedgirl, how are you doing this weekend?

Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
(female)

JessicainCanada HB User

The waiting has to be the worst part I agree. A very smart man (my father in law) once told me when I was in the worst depression I experienced going through this diagnosis was....There is plenty of time to worry when you get the diagnosis!....In a nutshell don't worry about something you have no idea about.

He was so right!. I know that it's easier said than done so take care

Old 04-05-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
(female)

oldfashiongirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
Joe, I'm sorry your wife and you are going through this. The waiting is horrible.

Oldfashionedgirl, how are you doing this weekend?
Actually, I am doing better - thanks for asking. It must have something to do with our weather right now - today is the first day we've been above 60 degrees in months and months. The sunshine is out and I think it's helping everyone's mood. I am still hoping to get my results sometime tomorrow.

Joe - you sound like a very sensitive and supporting husband! Try not to worry too much - an ASCUS pap plus HPV+ is very common and usually is a transient infection that just needs to be monitored. Having the results of the colpo on hand will help ease your minds but try not to worry too much about it (I feel like a hypocrit even saying that - I KNOW it's easier said than done!)

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
(female)

srchprincess HB User

Hope you get the call today, I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 PM   #13
(female)

oldfashiongirl HB User

Still..........in............waiting.... ......hell..............

Don't know how much longer I can take this! Have called the doctors office every day to no avail. The office is closed tomorrow so now my earliest chance at getting results is sometime Thursday.

This whole ordeal continues to teach me so many lessons. Apparently the current lesson is patience.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

zoe96 HB User

Hi sweetie --

My sympathies....unfortunately we've all been there, and we all agree: it sucks, no way around it. So sorry to hear they are closed tomorrow too!! But, think of it this way: it's a day off from worrying all day that they're going to call. Then, let's hope first thing Thursday morning you get an answer!!! I'm so sorry you are going through this. Luckily most of the times the things we imagine are worse than the reality....so here's to hoping you get some great news, which is certainly worth the wait!!

In the meantime, big ((hugs))!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfashiongirl View Post
This whole ordeal continues to teach me so many lessons. Apparently the current lesson is patience.
:raises hand: Yep. Someone was trying to teach me that lesson, too! And let's not get started on the "don't be so proud of yourself, if someone wants to help you then accept their offer gracefully and gratefully" lesson!!! :knodding: Yep. I've been trying to learn those two lessons!

I'm sorry you haven't heard anything yet. Can you start a project that'll take 2 days to complete? By then, hopefully the results will be in!

(((hugs)))

Closed Thread