It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
(female)

mysmallwhite HB User
Need Help with my Colpo Result

My Colpo result came back today.

1. Mild squamous dysplasia (CIN I) with koilocytic change.

2. Benign endocervical glandular epithelium.

3. Mild acute and chronic endocervicities.

Colpo: Yes. ECC: No.

my family doc told me I will not be sent to the Gyn,
but keep me go back for pap every 6 months for 2 yrs,
if any abnormal pap again-> LEEP at once even no need another Colpo.

I felt not good, because this family doc seems NOT professional at all.

When I asked her what I should do with this report result. She said I dont know, I am not sure whether I should send you back to Dr. Mackoff( the Gyn who has done Colpo for me).
then I said could you please send me back to Dr. Mackoff because I want to talk to him as least to ease my mind.
she said ok, and she started to google some info, I felt not good cos she seemed be googling info about CIN classification. It was like she knows no more other than any words on this colpo report.
then I left the dr. office.

Then after 10 mins, she called me back and asked me to go back to her office. she said she made a mistake, I dont need to go back to see Dr. Mackoff cos she just found out the CIN classification.

I asked her what the meaning of Koilocytic change, she said she is not sure.

I now just feel very uncomfortable with her explation about my situation.

I know lots girls here are way more professional, can anyone help me with my result? do you think I need to do a ECC??

I live in canada, so bascially the MSP will cover the cost, but if I require a specific exam then for sure I have to pay.

Any advice is much appreciated~~!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Need Help with my Colpo Result

I suggest you get another doctor. You don't feel comfortable with her and she can't answer fairly simple questions, so that is a good enough reason (in my book) to get another. Even if your doctor wasn't sure what the pathology report meant, she should have looked it up before she walked in the door to talk with you.

Every thing in your report seemed pretty straight forward and indicate mild dysplasia (CIN I). The only thing I didn't understand was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysmallwhite View Post

Colpo: Yes. ECC: No.

I don't know what that means.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
(female)

mysmallwhite HB User
Red face Re: Need Help with my Colpo Result

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
I suggest you get another doctor. You don't feel comfortable with her and she can't answer fairly simple questions, so that is a good enough reason (in my book) to get another. Even if your doctor wasn't sure what the pathology report meant, she should have looked it up before she walked in the door to talk with you.

Every thing in your report seemed pretty straight forward and indicate mild dysplasia (CIN I). The only thing I didn't understand was this:

I don't know what that means.
Pickleeyes Thank you soooo much for your reply.

Yes thats what Im thinking, maybe I will change another more experienced family doctor.

As for the Colpo: Yes. ECC: No.
its becos I simplify the report. >_< sorry about this.
This is what was shown in the report:

1. Mild squamous dysplasia (CIN I) with koilocytic change
2. Benign endocervical glandular epithelioum.
3. Mild acute and chronic endocervicities

Clinical history as approved by summitting physician:

G1 P0 LMP Apr 22/09 Cytology Class- Mod. atypia Cell Type: Squamous
Colposcopic Examincation Satisficatory: Yes ECC done: No

Specimens Receoved:

A: Cervix, Colposcopy

Gross Description:

received is a single Container labelled with the patient 's name "XXXX XX"(my name). and "cervix biospy". The consists of a single tan biospy fragment measuring approximately 5 mm. Submitted in-toto as A1.
MC/PT/sk

Old 05-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
(female)

mysmallwhite HB User

what does the KOILOCYTIC CHANGE means?
also what does it mean by endocervicities???
because English is not my first language, I dont quite get it. and sorry for the confusion by my English expression~
I am afraid it indicates there is something wrong with the endocervix,
so is an ECC neccessary?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
(female)

simplynat HB User

Endocervicitis is inflammation of the endocervix (cervical canal) which is caused by an irritation - usually an infection of some sort or std. Being in Canada, it is unlikely an HPV test would have been run but I would suspect that may be the cause of it given that you have mild dysplasia (CIN1) which is caused by HPV.
Mild dysplasia is usually monitored rather than treated, with a watch and wait period of 6 months to allow the body a chance to clear it on it's own. (as most people will) However, I do feel that ecc's (endocervical curettage) are an important part of cervical health screening and should be performed at EVERY colposcopy simply because it is the only way to sample the endocervical canal which cannot be viewed during the colposcopy. It is important to rule out the possibility of any abnormalties that may (or may not) exist in this part of the cervix.
You may want to ask for a referral to another gyn to have an ecc performed or ask that the one that you went schedule you for one.
Best wishes to you!

Last edited by simplynat; 05-25-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
(female)

mysmallwhite HB User

Thanks a lot simplenat!!!
You mentioned [QUOTE=simplynat;3994291]Endocervicitis is inflammation of the endocervix (cervical canal) which is caused by an irritation - usually an infection of some sort or std. .
QUOTE]
but how I can tell what is the key reason to cause the inflammation???
It could be HPV or other STD, isnt it?
I thought I shoule be refered to further exam to find out ?
Also, even though NOT knowing what caused endocervicitis, at lease I should be given any treatment for it, right?
Now it seems like I was diagnosed with endocervicitis but they just let it goes? is it a right way ?

Closed Thread