It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User
So my HPV test . . .

Was positive.

I AM SO SICK OF DEALING WITH THIS.

Old 06-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: So my HPV test . . .

I know that is frustrating, but didn't your last pap and ECC come back fine? It can take a year or two for the HPV to clear, I know you know this. I'm just trying to look for the upside here.

I'm sorry this didn't come back clear, too! (((hugs)))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
(female)

Elizabeth1975 HB User

Pickle's right -- we need to focus on the clear pap and ECC. At least you know now to stay on top of this and problems will be caught -- if they even dare to arise!!!

Just keep taking your coriolus versicolor -- maybe even try green tea supplements (I figure they've got to be very promising if they're doing a study on them with cervical cancer) and take care of yourself. Chances are on your side.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Yeah, I guess the clear pap and ECC are excellent, but I just keep thinking of that study that showed that 2 negative paps and HPV tests mean there is no residula disease. But what if the HPV is still positive?

I have been taking the coriolus and green tea. And I seriously can't eat any more broccoli!!!!

I sound like such a complainer, but I've got so much crap that's happened since last fall. I SERIOUSLY JUST NEED ONLY GOOD NEWS FOR A WHILE.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Okay, doing a bit better today. Yesterday was really crappy. Besides my HPV results, my boyfreind had a job interview like 3 hours away. I don't know what I will do if he leaves. And also the boyfriend's niece (who is 9) is really sick and basically we're all wondering if she's going to survive long enough to get a bone marrow transplant. She had a blood transfusion yesterday and then asked her mom what it will be like when she dies. My mom was supposed to have surgery in July (reconstructive after breast cancer), but her temporary implant space expander thingy is leaking, so the surgery is moved up to next week. Would be fine except I had planned a July trip to take care of her, and now I can't go. She's majorly stressed about it. I just pity her recovering from surgery all alone, and being pested by the extremely badly behaved dogs! That and she already used her FMLA leave, so it's a pretty big financial issue as well! I just keep thnking, can't anything go smoothly???

I guess the most frustrating part of the HPV results is that from my research ALL the recurrence happen in women who are still HPV positive. But how many women continue to test positive after surgery and out of those how many have recurrences? I have no idea.

Having my boyfriend out of town is while all this is going on is not good for my mental health. I seriously hope he doesn't get the job.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
(female)

BE 123 HB User

Lily, I'm sorry to hear the news. Please remind how long it's been since your treatment? While studies show that most clearance happens within the first 3 months, it can take 6-12 months. I've read several anecdotal reports from other women who cleared at the 12-month mark (they may have cleared sooner, but it's typically 3, 6, 12 month checks). Did you have clear margins?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

I had a CKC on Feb. 3.

I had margins that were clear of AIS, but positive for CIN 2. That seems to all be resolved as my pap and ECC were benign.

I just feel like I've given this HPV everything I've got, and it just keeps hanging on.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
(female)

BE 123 HB User

February isn't too long ago. Are you on 3-month checks? I would see if you can have colposcopy with every follow up especially with your history. Would you a naturopathic regimen? I did this for a year. Shoved vitamins down my throat and stuffed suppositories in my vagina. It didn't work for me but it works for A LOT of other women and since you already had conventional treatment this may be a good complement. Just a thought. Your treatment probably took out the bulk of the virus and your body may be able to handle the residual without any further intervention. I hope this is the case for you.

You could also push to have your hpv typed by pcr or Cervista (for 16/18). The others can do damage as far up as CIN3 but rarely invasion. I'm of the opinion knowing which type definitely affects management but so far no doctors agree.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

I am on the schedule of colps every 3 months.

I am taking A LOT of supplements. Coriolus, folic acid and green tea. But apparently they haven't been helping. I have been the healthiest person in the world since I was diagnosed. I really fear this is a genetic issue for me since both my mother and sister have issues. I'm seriously ready to start taking that Beta Mannan crap and I'm thinking of using Watrol. I don't have warts, but if it helps fight off that type of HPV, it makes me think it might possibly help with mine!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
(female)

BE 123 HB User

Lily, it IS a genetic issue if you are infected with the virus. The high risk types of hpv, especially 16, have major immune-evasion techniques. That's why perfectly healthy women develop cervical cancer. It doesn't help to be in poor health, but the outcome is more dependent upon genetic factors than overall health. Why do some women with hiv clear hpv? HLA type really matters because it determines the presentation (or not) of antigens (here the hpv) to your body so it can produce antibodies (or not). It's far more complicated than that. Anyway, before I get WAY off topic--I haven't heard of Watrol but most women who have had suppository success used the Vitanica line (developed by Tori Hudson). It basically involves massive doses of vitamin A which in certain forms is a very weak "topical chemotherapy" of sorts. I didn't have success because I have genital herpes and that was causing lesions on my cervix once a month but the suppositories might have kept the dysplasia at bay, because I did have two normal paps while using it until the herpes got way out of control. Every time it did it created new entry points for hpv. Your situation probably differs. I just hope you can find something that works for you, and don't blame yourself because hrhpv is less an overall health issue than it is a genetic issue.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Hmm, that's interesting. It's funny cause I watched the special on that "tree man" who had massive warts cause by HPV. The doctor basically recommended he take Vitamin A. I will definitely look into it, thanks.

Closed Thread