It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
(female)

dorisgirl88 HB User
light spotting in 88 year old

I know this has been discussed a little before but I wanted to go over it again. My grandmother, 88, had a small amount of blood on her toilet paper when she wiped on Friday. She says it was definitely vaginal. Ever since then she has been bloated and feeling as if she is on her period. She has had pelvic pain like cramping almost. She has had this happen once before about a year ago and i took her to the Gynecologist. They did an in office biopsy (don't EVER do that!!) and it was inconclusive. I think they could not get enough tissue. she had an ultrasound and they could not visualize her ovaries. The endometrium they said was very thin. Could uterine atrophy cause this problem? She is also a breast cancer survivor from 1970. Her mom, sister, and neice have all had breast cancer and her other sister ovarian cancer in her early 80's. She is at huge risk for uterine and ovarian cancer. I am going to take her to a really good Gynecologist but she will be a new patient and he is sometimes really booked and I am afraid it will take a while to get into him. Advill is not even helping her pain much so watching her be bloated and suffering is not very easy. You just want to scoop them up and take them to the ER and have them FIX it!!

Anyone have experience with this???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: light spotting in 88 year old

I don't have any experience with that, but send hugs and prayers her way!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User

Be sure and tell the person who makes the appointments that she is in a great deal of pain so that maybe they will get her in sooner. If she can't get in soon and she is in that much pain, I would take her to the ER. I wouldn't mess around with someone 88 years old.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
(female)

dorisgirl88 HB User

thank you so much for your replies! I actually got her in tomorrow. I was really shocked they got her in so soon. She is not your typical 88 year old. She is more like 70. But I know her body is 88. Hopefully it is not anything serious considering her history but with her symptoms I am truly concerned. Because everything I look up points to ovarian and uterine cancer.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

herekittykitty HB User

That is wonderful news that you got her in so soon. She is lucky to have a granddaughter like you that will help take care of her. Please let me know what they find out.

We recently had a scare with my mother-in-law who is 79. She had an abnormal pap test that showed atypical glandular cells, suspicious of adenocarcinoma. I called her doctor and he was almost sure she had uterine cancer as you aren't supposed to have any glandular cells in a pap test. She had a D&C and we were expecting the worst. When the report came back everything looked normal. Hopefully, you and your grandmother will have a good outcome too.

Closed Thread