It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
(female)

dlittle HB User
Question UPDATE: Have my PATH REPORT in hand...HELP PLZ.

Just a quick rundown:

1. 2 back-to-back abnormal paps...1st squamous only...2nd with both atypical glandular and squamous epithelial cells which was conducted 9.02.09.
I am HPV NEGATIVE....Thyroid normal (extra test).

2. Pap on 9.02.09 was done on Day 5 of my period.

3. Colposcopy, cervical biopsy, uterus/edometrium biopsy on 9.23.09. No ECC.

4. Pathology results:

A. Cervix 1:00 -- benign endocervical mucosa

B. Cervix 7:00 -- mild chronic endocervicitis

C. Cervix 10:00 -- acute and chronic cervicitis...there is no dysplasia.

D. Uterus, endometrium (biopsy) -- Secretory phase endometrium.

My questions:

1. What's up with the inflamation/irritation in my body? I haven't had sex in over a year and a half. I have never had an STD. I've only been with one man, my husband. I do use tampons but my last tampon was 20 some days prior to the colposcopy. What's up with the "itis-es?"

2. What's up with the glandular cells? OBGYN said, "Everything's great! The glandular cell result on the pap must have been unfounded. We'll see you in 6 months." Is she missing something not having done the ECC??????

3. Please give me any and all feedback on my results...I beg of you!

Thanks so much,
D

Last edited by dlittle; 10-01-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
(female)

dlittle HB User
Re: Have my PATH REPORT in hand...HELP PLZ.

No one? Does anyone have any feedback they can offer me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
(female)

jacmay HB User
Re: UPDATE: Have my PATH REPORT in hand...HELP PLZ.

If I am reading this correctly the path results do not say anything about atypical glandular cells, thats confusing hmmm. Usually, if you have atypical gladular they will do a colposcopy because those cells are more worrisome, but maybe cause you are hpv neg that is y they are not. The inflamation could be as a simple as from a tampon, wouldn't worry about that.

Would check out the glandular situation if in fact you to have atypical glandular cells they should at least do a colposcopy...my opinion...

good luck!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zoe96 HB User

I wouldn't worry about the "itis's" at this point....that just means inflammation/aggravation of the tissue, and could be caused from any number of things, including tampon use, excessive exercise, a recent yeast infection, recently having sex (I know you said you didn't) or some other organ (such as a full bladder) putting pressure somehow on the cervix and causing irritation. But in any event, cervicitis is not really a pathological finding of much significance, nor is it something to worry about at this point. The important thing on your path report is the finding of "no dysplasia"!!!

I would be mildly concerned about the abnormal pap that showed atypical glandular cells -- BUT, having said that, the pap is notoriously unreliable, and if you are being followed closely and going back in six months for a repeat, you should be okay. Maybe your doc will agree to a follow up in three months instead? In any event, I understand your being concerned about not having an ECC. Have you sought a second opinion? Everything on your report does indeed look all right, and close follow up should give you more reassurance....although obviously that means waiting a little more.

Hope some of this helps....

Last edited by zoe96; 10-06-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
(female)

dlittle HB User

It does, Zoe. Thank you so much for taking time to read my results and to offer your opinion. I truly appreciate it. Blessings to you.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
(female)

dlittle HB User

Decided to get a 2nd opinon....seeing another highly recommended obgyn the 3rd week in Nov. Over the phone, she said she would have done the ECC. We'll see how the appt. goes....

Old 10-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

zoe96 HB User

I'm glad you were able to get another appointment! If she wants to do the ECC, I say let her. Better to be safe than sorry, and the peace of mind alone will be well worth any inconvenience/expense/discomfort.

Keep us posted on how you make out!

Closed Thread