It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

karensk HB User
New here, awaiting cone biopsy, need to vent

I'm beyond stressed at this point, hopefully someone has encouraging words here.

My last abnormal Pap was in 6/2009, ASC-H. Subsequent colpo/biopsy in 7/2009 showed CIN II/III on the ECC specimen, cone biopsy recommended. I am positive for high-risk HPV.

I suffer from significant stress urinary incontinence and wear a pessary until I can have a TVT procedure done to fix this. I balked at having cone biopsy because I simply cannot tolerate leaking urine all over the place for an entire month while recovering w/o using my pessary.

So, I see a urogynecologist in August and have urodynamics done to "prove" my incontinence and delineate what type I have. My gyn is trying to get me in for the cervical treatment and states she will do a joint case with the urogynecologist and have everything taken care of at once.

I tentatively schedule with the gynecologist to have everything done on Nov. 9. Today I get a call stating that the urogynecologist simply cannot do anything until at least mid-December! ***??? I have 3 children and a job that requires me to be 100% functional @ Christmas. Guess I'm looking @ January at this rate.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this. I just hope & pray the dysplasia does not worsen significantly in this time frame. I'm beyond stressed as it is and just want all of this garbage OVER WITH.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
(female)

AAA22 HB User
Re: New here, awaiting cone biopsy, need to vent

hey...
i just had a biopsy and colposcopy done 6/2009, im going for my follow up tomorrow. what should i expect? is there a possiblity all abnormal cells werent removed throught the colposcopy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

If you have squamous cell dysplasia, then the doctors can keep a pretty good idea on it over the next several months. It is likely it won't grow so rapidly that you can't wait until January. It would be best for you (it sounds like) to have both surgeries at one time, so coordinating the doctors' schedules is important. You might have the gyn's office contact the urologist's office to see if they can expedite the process.

Let us know what you find out!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
(female)

aesaintclair HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA22 View Post
hey...
i just had a biopsy and colposcopy done 6/2009, im going for my follow up tomorrow. what should i expect? is there a possiblity all abnormal cells werent removed throught the colposcopy?

I believe it is quite possible that all cells were not removed during the colposcopy. The colp is really a diagnosis tool for the most part. Some DRs will go ahead and do the leep- and then biopsy that, right from the start.

Did your DR show you your cervix during the colp? Was there a large or small area that was abnormal?
During my colp, my DR showed me my cervix, which had quite a larger area of abnormal cells. My colp confirmed that I had II & III level dysplasia. I had the LEEP procedure/coninization (sp?) done approx. 1 month later.

It all depends on amount of abnormal cells- as well as what your DR's intentions were at the time of the colp.

Last edited by aesaintclair; 10-23-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: typo

Old 10-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
(female)

karensk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA22 View Post
hey...
Ask for a copy of the pathology report if you can. There are some very knowledgeable folks here who can help you sort out the medical jargon and it will give a better idea of what you are up against as far as treatment.

In my case, I'm just waiting. I see the urogyn on 11/6 after I get back from vacation.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
(female)

pumkin2 HB User

I read your story and can understand how stressed you are. Waiting is the hardest part, you just want answers and fix it. I am high risk hpv positive also with atypical glandular cells and have to wait till 12/4 for a cone biospy, and am i also 40 with two girls.I used to be a nurse so if you need help with the medical jargon and would do my best.You are in my prayers.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #7
(female)

karensk HB User

Pumkin, Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm sick and tired of waiting and very tempted to cancel the whole darn thing. If they wanna wait this long, to he** with it, it can't possibly be that important.

I'm great with the terms because I do med. transcription but thanks so much for offering to translate. I will do the same for anyone on here who needs it as well.

I will pray for you too. I haven't said too much to my kids but my 15 y/o son knows something is up and that stresses him out (he has Asperger's).

I am one of those people who is very distrustful of much of mainstream medicine and I am getting sick of this whole rotten process of filing in & out of docs and waiting for call-backs and answers.

Closed Thread