It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

anjelita13 HB User
Question Low Grade Lesion PAP

Hi there,

I am 28 years old and I just got the results of my pap back, the results were a "low grade lesion". I only spoke to the lady that answered the phone at the clinic and am waiting on a call back from the DR as well as a letter they said they put in the mail.

I'm very confused, I have no idea what this is. I have had abnormal bleeding during sex for the past 2 years, and have been complaining about it to my gyn with no real explanations. I had an abnormal pap about a year and a half ago, but the gyn I was seeing at that time just said to continue on with my normal paps.

The lady I spoke with over the phone said I will need to schedule a colposcopy and they will most likely do a biopsy at the same time. I understand what the colp & biopsy is, but I have no idea what a "low grade lesion" is. How worried should I be? If anyone can shed some light, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited by anjelita13; 01-04-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Low Grade Lesion PAP

A "low grade lesion" sounds to me like it could be CIN I (or mild dysplasia). Sometimes the biopsy the doctor takes during the colpo is sufficient to remove all of a lesion, sometimes a LEEP or CKC is required.

I suggest you call the office back and ask them for a copy of the actual pathology report. They may tell you that all you need to know is in the letter, but tell them you want the actual report. It will tell you what type of atypical cells you have, where they are located, and what the pathologist's impressions are. It will help you better understand what is going on.

I'm curious as to CIN I/mild dysplasia causing post-coital bleeding, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

zoe96 HB User

I agree with everything Pickle said -- especially the concern about post-coital bleeding from CIN I. I'd definitely bring that up with the doc as a specific concern.

Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

anjelita13 HB User

Thank you for the replies! I did speak with the GYN and she didn't really give me any more insight. I've pretty much been playing phone tag with various places trying to get a colposcopy asap for the past few days... no one is getting back to me tho.

The GYN did say at my initial visit (before the pap results) that I had mild cervititis, but that it wasn't bad enough to be put on an antibiotic (also, negative chlamydia results). She said that the cervititis was most likely the cause of the bleeding. I'm not sure how accurate that is tho, considering I've been having the bleeding nearly 2 years now (perhaps chronic cervititis?).

Nevertheless, I've been reading several articles online about cervical cancer and post coital bleeding in young women, and the results are very scary.

If anyone that has had both LSIL and post coital bleeding symptoms could possible post their experiences/results, I would greatly appreciate.

Closed Thread