It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
(female)

aprice HB User
New here... Already had an abnormal pap come back and had a colp and biolsy done...

I am so worried about the results of my biopsy. This was my 3rd colp and this last one was the only time he did a biopsy. I haven't had a normal pap in 2 years. I'm 26 yrs old and a mother of 2 married to the man of my dreams but this is really worrying me. I should find out the results in about 3 to 4 days. Any advixe or info would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if I remember this right but when I asked my doctor about the pap results he said it was right inbetween mild and severe... does anyone know what that means? Or how my colp and biopsy might turn out? Thanks so much and so happy to have found a place were I feel welcome to ask questions.

Amanda

Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

Autumn84 HB User
Re: New here... Already had an abnormal pap come back and had a colp and biolsy done.

Aprice- So let me get this straight. You've not had a normal pap in 2 years, and within the 2 years time you've had 3 colpos. The last was the only time your doctor felt that he/she needed to take a biopsy of the cervical tissue, correct? They didn't find anything when they put the solution on your cervix that lights up the abnormal cells the previous 2 times that you had colpos, right?

If your doctor was saying that your pap results were right in between mild and severe, then he/she probably means that you have a moderate level of abnormalities, I'm assuming. If they find something else when they get the results of your biopsy, they'll probably want to schedule you for a procedure to remove the abnormal cells. That's how it was for me. I had a colpo, they found something that needed to be biopsied, and when the results came back it was still saying that it was abnormal. I then had a cone biopsy to remove the abnormalities. They have other procedures as well like LEEP, and Laser ablation.

I can totally relate to the anxiety you must be feeling. I'm sure everyone here can. When I found out I needed the cone biopsy of the cervix, I was 22, with no children, and just married. I also got to have my surgery on the day of my 23rd birthday. How's that for celebrating? Haha. I'm now 25, I've got a two month old, and I'm having a laser ablation surgery in a day and 1/2 to remove some abnormal cells. Although my cone biopsy showed clear margins, I was told I was at risk for it returning. So here we go again. Anyway, like I said I'm sure everyone here can relate to your anxiety, especially when you have children depending on you, it just makes for a more stressful situation. At least for me it does. I hope all goes well for you. Keep in touch with your doctor about the results of your biopsy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
(female)

B3achbabi HB User
Re: New here... Already had an abnormal pap come back and had a colp and biolsy done.

I also was told i have mild dysplasia still awaiting the biopsy results. however i am only 20 and scared to death i won't get married in time to have children

Life is what you make it.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #4
(female)

aprice HB User

Yes you are right Autumn84, this is what happened... I found out I was pregnant with my daughter so I went in to have my first visit. Now I'm not sure if it was that visit but at one point I had a pap smear. That was the first one that came back abnormal, so he sched'd me for a coploscopy but he told me that since I was pregnant he wasn't going to do a biopsy unless he thought he really needed to. So he went in and sprayed vinigar and looked but at that point didn't do a biopsy. So months later I had my daughter and 4 weeks after I had her I had another pap smear to see if everything would come out normal, it was still abnormal so the next week I had my 2nd colposcopy and I pretty much was in tears from the pain and I know I shouldn't have but I asked him not to biopsy and again he said he would if he had to but if he didn't see anything he wouldn't. So now here we are I went in for my yearly pap smear and it was still abnormal. So he said he was going to do a biopsy no matter what this time. He took 2 samples and now I am just waiting to find out the results. What I'm worried about is, did I wait too long it's been 2 years without a normal pap.... And thank you so much for your replies it's nice to have someone to talk to about all of this.

Amanda

Old 01-25-2010, 09:03 AM   #5
(female)

Autumn84 HB User

Aprice- Although I'd had my cone biopsy and all my margins were clear for my first treatment of dysplasia, I'd told you that I was at risk for it returning. It may have not presented itself so soon, but when I was pregnant with my son I got a pap which came back abnormal, which my doctor and I knew it would, because I had visible lesions (not as bad as it sounds) on the outside of my labia and other places down there too.

She sent me to a gynecology/oncology doctor, who looked and informed me that he would treat me after I'd had my son. He also told me that pregnancy can speed the abnormal growths called dysplasia up, because your body is overwhelmed from being pregnant.

So yeah, that was in July, and here I am in January about to have my surgery tomorrow. So to answer you question, and your worry about waiting too long, look how long its been for me, I'll tell you like I told another woman on these boards, my doctor told me it could take years for dysplasia to develop into cancer, and I had been diagnosed with moderate dysplasia of the cervix.

You should definitely ask your doctor some of these questions he may be able to better explain things to you. I know for me its like I have all these questions, and the minute I see the doctor I forget them all. So writing things down is good, and I agree that having other women to talk to about this, is a really good stress reliever. I hope when your biopsy results come back that all is well. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
(female)

aprice HB User

Nervous and anxious... my biopsy results should come tomorrow....

Old 01-26-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
(female)

EekaM765 HB User

Aprice don't fret too much just yet. I too was in a similar situation. I had an abnormal pap test then they did the colposcopy. This came back showing moderate to severe dysplasia. After that they went in for a LEEP procedure. If you wind up having to have this I highly recommend requesting to be put to sleep for it. I had the LEEP on Jan 4 and am on day 22 of recovery. Since I was out for the procedure it was no biggie, but the recovery really sucks. I have been bleeding for 22 days and may continue to bleed for anywhere from another week to another 2 weeks! Ugh! But my margins came back clear on the LEEP. That means that they got all the bad cells and for now I am clear I would advise you not to worry too much. It may all be for nothing. It takes just as much energy to think positive thoughts as it does to think negative ones. I have a major history of female cancers in my family...cervial, uterine, and ovarian and my results came back good. I hope this makes you feel better. If you wind up having to do a LEEP I believe statistics show that it is 95% effective. Good luck and take it easy!

Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #8
(female)

aprice HB User

Thank you so much for your advice and you were right. I got my results earlier then I thought, they came today and it said mild dysplacia (sorry for spelling) CIN1 I believe it is... and that they are going to wait and watch I am sched'd for another pap in 6 months and if it hasn't gone away their going to do a LEEP. But since I haven't had a good pap in over 2 years do you think it's actually going to fix itself in 6 months? I think it won't but I am prepared to wait and see... Thanks again for your kind words and I'm very happy for you that they removed all the bad cells for you... Get to feeling well soon.

Closed Thread