It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #1
(female)

Gigi81 HB User
Just had my first LEEP!!

Hi,

I have a few questions for those of you who have had the LEEP. I just had my LEEP for CIN3. I was a little anxious, but the nurse gave me a sedative (but local anesthesia) and I just slept through the entire procedure. I am so happy that I wasn't awake through it!! I think everything went well and I feel absolutely no pain. I was just a little groggy afterwards, but that only lasted for 30 mins.

What can I expect now that I'm done with the LEEP? My doctor said that I can resume normal activity (gym, active lifestyle, etc.) as early as next week, but I've read reports of people having to wait for much longer. Will being too active or the exercise affect healing and make me bleed??
Also, what are some of your experiences with the healing process? When can I expect it to start/stop? I don't have any spotting at all and it's been about 12 hrs since surgery. Have you experienced much pain during this process? And how long have you waited to have sex? Most say 4-6 weeks, but I am more inclined to wait a few months....maybe that's going overboard?

I have a healthy appetite, absolutely no pain or discomfort and feel completely normal, as if I haven't had anything done at all. I hope it stays this way!! I'm planning to take it easy, am eating healthy (as much raw foods as possible to promote speedy recovery and vitamin C/B6,12 for immune system) and will make sure to get a good night's rest everyday. Anything more I can do?

Any advice/insight you could give about what to expect from here on out or how to assist recovery would be greatly appreciated!!!

~Gigi81

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bleeding after leep, post leep, recovery help, sex after leep