It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 08:38 AM   #31
(female)

kosm HB User
Re: AGUS/AGC pap results - questions about ECC & endometrial biopsy

Another thing, I really think you should insist on an MRI. If she won't order one, another doctor will. It WILL give you answers and it is an easy procedure.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #32
(female)

donna w HB User

I have also tried to send you a private message and I can't get it to work either. My original pap with AGUS was in Oct. but it changed to neoplastic in Feb. In Canada there seems to be a wait and see what happens attitude. I went to see an oncologist/gyn and he said that I didn't need anymore testing done and to go back to my gyn in 3-4 months. However, she isn't seeing me for 6 months. If I still have the same results then she will look further. She told my dr. she doesn't think I have anything to worry about....easy for her to say. Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you. Keep me posted.

Last edited by donna w; 07-06-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #33
(female)

kosm HB User

Hi Donna,
I almost got a message to you but it said that you were not set up to receive private messages. Did you check your settings? I will look in the help area! Would like to talk to you! I got my AGUS in October and by January it turned to neoplastic

Old 02-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #34
(female)

nahi HB User

First of all my name is nahi. I unfortunately went through all these procedures without knowing, once you are at tht doctor's office he askks you if u feel any pain. I Had a colcoscopy done and biopsy also endovaginal ultrasound all of these procedures were painless. I did not care about the pain. What I do really care is waiting for the results. In these days I will be under a sedation for endometrium exam and vaginal biopsies. I had already have a cervical biopsy. Six pieces of tissue were taken from my cervix did not feel any pain. My doctor put some spray so as not to feel any pain and told me to relax the muscles close my eyes and think about something pleasant . Try to imagine yourself at the beach running without having to go under these procedures. I know it is hard but it helps think you will be done one day. I am working hard on thinking that nice things will happen

hugs

Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 AM   #35
(female)

nahi HB User

I am sorry for what you are going through. I have the same diagnosis. But I will tell you I had an endovaginal ultrasound it was not painful at all. Two biopsies taken from different places of the cervix like 6 samples no pain at all. I also had pap smears colposcopy and ECC no pain until now. My next step is another biopsy and possibly a cone biopsy. I hope not to have an hysteroctomy. Even if I am 45 and not plannning on kids.

best of luck to u and don't worry there is no other worse pain than waiting and waiting
that is the only pain I felt even though I have a great health insurance.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #36
(female)

tmc44 HB User

Angel -

My pap recently came back AGCUS. How are you doing now?

Old 04-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #37
(female)

angel4747 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc44 View Post
Angel -

My pap recently came back AGCUS. How are you doing now?
Sorry to hear about the abnormal pap. Whether or not the follow-up tests turn out normal, it's still a very stressful experience.

I've had 2 normal paps since my testing, which I'm thrilled about. I'm now back to being checked once per year. I have my next pap test scheduled for June, so hopefully it will come back normal too. I sure do get a lot more nervous about the pap results now though!

Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #38
(female)

tmc44 HB User

Mine came back AGCUS so..... Colposcopy, Endometrial Biopsy, Endocervical Biopsy and Cervical Biopsy.

Endometrial came back normal, Endocervical came back normal but the Cervical came back mild dysplasia. We are at the watchful waiting stage and I am a nervous wreck. I freak out over every burn, ache, itch or cramp. I am a total psycho

Thank you SO much for responding...... Seems like that there is never any good news here!

I go back in July for a follow up pap. Wish me luck and PLEASE keep me in your prayers. I will do the same.

God Bless - Teresa

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #39
(female)

angel4747 HB User

I can understand why you're a nervous wreck. I would be too!

I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how things go in July.

Closed Thread