It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
(female)

jenden HB User
Pregnancy Post Cone Biopsy

Hi,
I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with AIS in May 2008. I had a cold-knife cone biopsy in July 2008 and got pregnant in October 2009. I had no trouble conceiving. My pregnancy is deemed high-risk due to the deepness of the cone surgery I had. My cervix was just 2.6 cm long at the start of my pregnancy so a cerclage was put in at 12 weeks to stitch it closed. I am now 32 weeks pregnant and have had a very successful pregnancy thus far. I see the perinatologist every 2 weeks. For the first two trimesters, they did transvaginal ultrasounds to check the length of the cervix regularly. Now my checkups are just the belly ultrasounds and a few questions. One perinatologist told me to abstain from intercourse while the cerclage is in and another perinatologist said it was fine to have intercourse. I have not been recommended any bed rest and I swim twice a week still for exercise. I have not had any bleeding/spotting and I think I'm just starting to get contractions (maybe braxton hicks) when I am on my feet for long periods of time. The stitches are scheduled to come out at 36 weeks.

My concerns/questions are with the upcoming delivery. My perinatologist has told me he thinks vaginal birth is okay. I am concerned about the scar tissue on my cervix tearing or not dialating properly. I'm also concerned with tearing because ever since I had the cone surgery, I don't produce any natural vaginal lubricant/secretions anymore. Can anyone address my concerns who has had vaginal delivery after a cone surgery? How did it go? Were there any complications? Should I "fight" for a scheduled c-section? Some advice would really ease my mind.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Pregnancy Post Cone Biopsy

First of all, congratulations!!! I know you are thrilled and anxious!

I have no advice, but am sure someone will come along with some information they know. I wish I could help more.

Closed Thread