It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
(female)

girlstuff HB User
Complicated septated low level echoes ov cyst

I don't know what to be more worried about, my ovaries or my uterus!!!

I just got the copy of my U/S report and these were the findings:
  • Prominent uterus with heterogenous echo texture 12 x 5 x 7 cm
  • Prominent endometrium 18 mm with Multiple small cysts in the endometrium, largest is 4 mm
  • No free fluid in the cul-de-sac
  • Normal right ovary 23 x 13 x 20 mm
  • Enlarged left ovary due to presence of a complicated cyst with septation and low level internal echoes 53 x 30 x 50. Overal dimensions are 60 x 30 x 56 mm.
My symptoms have been:
  • Non stop bleeding x 6 weeks with heavy clotting and bleeding. Prior to this round, periods lasting for 3 weeks x 3 months, no period x 2 months, irregular periods with spotting 4 years (getting closer in time i.e not 28 days... 26 and not 5 days of period 7 with spotting 1 week prior to period, then 1 week nothing, then period. I have ALWAYS been regular since I was 14, only since the birth of my son have I noticed this change.
  • Heavy cramping
  • Very tired
  • Bloated feelings with some constipation, or actually feeling like I need to go, but not feeling done after going.
  • Lower back ache, burning... deep in my pelvis.
  • Don't know if sex is painful because have been having bleeding issues for so long now
I have an appointment with another doctor on Tuesday, but I thought I was worried about having endometrial cancer or complex hyperplasia, but now I am thinking i have to worry about ovarian cancer...

I am tired of worrying myself to death! This is the second doctor and it seems I am months in without any answers...

Any help or advice would be appreciated...except not to worry... already too late for that one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #2
(female)

girlstuff HB User
Re: Complicated septated low level echoes ov cyst

also one more thing...

I do not have fibroids, polyps or endometriosis

I have never had any issues of any kind previous to this, other that a little heavier periods than most.

I am 38 years old and have three healthy children, all normal pregs and deliveries.

Had tubal ligation done in 2006 and that is what I had blamed for the changes, then I wrote off all issues as tubal ligation syndrom... then wrote them off as perimenopausal... now I am thinking that was a dumb idea!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

estria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB Userestria HB User
Re: Complicated septated low level echoes ov cyst

Hello,

How horrible to have to deal with two problems at once !

Have they performed an endometrial biopsy as of yet ? This is a relatively simple test that can be done in a doctor's office. Just a warning that this can be a bit uncomfortable so take a couple of Advil or Motrin or some other ibuprofen about an hour before the procedure. That being said, it is over extremely quickly and if you have had children, it is easier (in my case the doctor had to clamp my cervix open because it was ... tight due to my not having had any children). I think that this is the minimum that should be done.

Your history of irregular bleeding definitely has to be investigated and if it is necessary, a D & C should be performed. They may be able to remove the uterine cysts at the time that they do the D & C and then the entire lining can be analyzed and if OK, then all is well. The procedure will probably take care of the irregular bleeding issue. More than likely it is the cysts that are causing the irregular bleeding but this has to be verified.

As to the complicated cyst with septations. They may have to remove this and biopsy it. It is most likely completely benign as most complex cysts are but you want to be 100% sure or the anxiety will kill you. Have they done a CA-125 test yet ? This is a cancer antigen that is usually elevated when ovarian cancer is present. However, the test is not perfect, especially in premenopausal women. It sometimes shows high when no cancer is present and can miss stage 1 ovarian cancer. When I had an 8-9 cm ovarian cyst, my doctors recommended I take the test. A reading of under 35 is considered normal.

Talk to your doctor about these things. In the meantime, keep yourself busy with pleasurable things in order to take your mind off of worrying. Trying not to worry will only cause more worry. The trick is to distract yourself while you are waiting for the results. Most likely there is nothing at all wrong and you are experiencing what many of us have experienced ... benign but extremely distressing gynecological issues ... uterine and ovarian cysts can be a cause of much anxiety but most of the time they end up being completely harmless (... except for the anxiety that they cause).

Take good care of yourself.

Estria

Closed Thread