It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
(female)

MES1981 HB User
Unhappy Really Bad Pain One Week After CONE! :(

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any insight? It has been almost one full week (6 days) since my cone biopsy and I don't feel any better! I was fine for the first day post op but things have progressively gotten worse and when I called the doctors office yesterday, they told me that I am experiencing a common side effect, which is, it's period time. And they say that I may not have one at all, but this is why I'm in so much pain. What?! This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Isn't what's already about to come out, going to come regardless of whether or not my cervix was just cut into? Are they trying to say my period is "scared" to come out? I feel like I should be feeling good after this much time, but I am having a lot of internal lower back pain, pelvic pain, bloating, and cramping. I'm not in pain all the time, but when I am in pain, believe me, I've never felt pain like that before, not even after a c-section.

Last edited by MES1981; 08-12-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

AShoe HB User
Re: Really Bad Pain One Week After CONE! :(

Hi,

I hope you felt better. I am currently on the same boat as you were. Exactly 1 week after my cone biopsy, I started to have really bad pelvic pain and cramping. It was also the day that I was supposed to start my period. I am taking painkiller every 4 hours but I am still in pain.

I am wondering if you did feel better and if that "was supposed" to have period but did not was the root cause.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

miaverline HB Usermiaverline HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MES1981 View Post
Hello, I am wondering if anyone has any insight? It has been almost one full week (6 days) since my cone biopsy and I don't feel any better! I was fine for the first day post op but things have progressively gotten worse and when I called the doctors office yesterday, they told me that I am experiencing a common side effect, which is, it's period time. And they say that I may not have one at all, but this is why I'm in so much pain. What?! This makes no sense to me whatsoever. Isn't what's already about to come out, going to come regardless of whether or not my cervix was just cut into? Are they trying to say my period is "scared" to come out? I feel like I should be feeling good after this much time, but I am having a lot of internal lower back pain, pelvic pain, bloating, and cramping. I'm not in pain all the time, but when I am in pain, believe me, I've never felt pain like that before, not even after a c-section.
had my cone yesterday, just make sure you havent got an infection, if its a bit whiffy down there or yellowish discharge....... but u cld had a urine sample into drs, cos back pain sign of water infection. other thing is if u have a lot of blood loss, ie. a tremendous amount, then u need to go back.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Quote:
That is strange.
Unless there's so much swelling in your cervix from the cone that your period can't come out (which sounds like an unhealthy situation in itself), then yes, it ought to come out, regardless of what they did to your cervix.
I mean, you ovulated before your cone. Your period should come approximately two weeks after you last ovulated. I don't see why the cone would affect that.
Stress and trauma can delay ovulation... and sometimes it seems a period is delayed, but actually that's because ovulation was delayed or absent that month. If ovulation occurred, the period should follow after about two weeks.

I don't get it either.
I suggest you contact your doc and be more persistent.
I don't think severe pain is normal a week after a cone. Granted, i've never had one, but I know women who have, and they seemed fine after just a few days.
Call your doc again.
Good luck!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:29 PM   #5
(female)

MES1981 HB User
Smile Re: Really Bad Pain One Week After CONE! :(

Ok, so I have found another doctor (one who actually listens to my concerns seriously instead of brushing them off). This new doctor, who is great by the way, ordered an ultrasound (which I had had before, but they didn't find anything, or so they said) and discovered that my uterine lining is waaaay too thick. She believes I may not be ovulating every month and the lining just keeps building up and building up and this is why my period (or bleeding I should say, it's been so much lately that I don't know what is my period and what isn't) is so weird lately. So it is fair to say that maybe my cervix is not bleeding and it has been my darned uterus. I have surgery tomorrow (very scared, I don't like general anesthesia) to have a d&c and then an endometrial ablation, and for those who may not know what that is, it's where they heat the lining of your uterus so that scarring takes place and periods are much lighter or nonexistent. So until tomorrow I won't know the condition of my cervix til she looks at it. But I'm really hoping it's just the lining of my uterus. Sorry for being long winded!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
(female)

MES1981 HB User

Oh! I forgot to mention, shortly after my original post way up there at the top, I went to the ER because I had an entire period in 20 minutes. The most disgusting 20 minutes of my life. They did an ultrasound and said they didn't notice anything funny about my uterus, gave me some dilaudid and sent me home. There's been several times where I have had that pain really bad then a huge blowout followed by more light bleeding (I'm really sorry for being graphic), and this has been happening ever since! Soooo strange and so very stressful.. I have woken up in the middle of the night with my bed completely soaked (EW) and sometimes I'm afraid to leave the house, because can you imagine if that happened in public? AAAAHHH!! I've had to have a pad or tampon (mostly pads because I've been worried about the tampons maybe grazing against my cervix, causing more trouble) on/in or at least within arms reach for those RARE couple of days every once in blue moon that I don't bleed.

Old 12-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #7
(female)

miaverline HB Usermiaverline HB User

Quote:
Oh! I forgot to mention, shortly after my original post way up there at the top, I went to the ER because I had an entire period in 20 minutes. The most disgusting 20 minutes of my life. They did an ultrasound and said they didn't notice anything funny about my uterus, gave me some dilaudid and sent me home. There's been several times where I have had that pain really bad then a huge blowout followed by more light bleeding (I'm really sorry for being graphic), and this has been happening ever since! Soooo strange and so very stressful.. I have woken up in the middle of the night with my bed completely soaked (EW) and sometimes I'm afraid to leave the house, because can you imagine if that happened in public? AAAAHHH!! I've had to have a pad or tampon (mostly pads because I've been worried about the tampons maybe grazing against my cervix, causing more trouble) on/in or at least within arms reach for those RARE couple of days every once in blue moon that I don't bleed.
omg, I hope the procedure goes well for you, let us know how it went I cannot imagine anything more stressful than having that hanging over you x good luck, hopefully this will sort out your problem fingers crossed

Closed Thread