It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

SunShyne78 HB User
Thumbs down L.E.E.P with worse results than believed

Hello, my name is Shevaun, I am 32 years old. I have two wonderful children 9 and 10. I just wanted to introduce myself first. Nice to talk with all of you.

So here's my story:

I had my youngest son in 2001, and that was the last time I seen a doctor, due to health insurance reasons.

In 2008, I was finally able to regain health insurance and got a severe sinus infection, so I selected a doctor and went and seen her. She explained to me that I needed to have a physical done. So I did. Two weeks later I'm sitting at work, the phone rings, and it's her office to tell me that my pap came back abnormal and I was going to have to see an OB/GYN. I made the appt.

Upon seeing the OB/GYN, he explained to me that I had High-Risk HPV. I didn't have cancer, or anything like that, at this point. They went in and did a colposcopy a few weeks later. Here's the kicker! When he looked at my cervix he couldn't find anything. NOTHING! So he told me to come back in 6 mos. and we would do a follow-up pap.

I went back to the doctor in December 2008, and to my surprise the pap came back normal. I was asked again to return in 6 mos. time for follow-up.

I was supposed to return in June 2009, but I skipped my appointment.

I did not return to the doctor until December 2009. My doctor informed me before we did the pap, that he was going to do a regular pap AND test for HPV, to see if the virus was still active in my system. Again to my surprise the pap came back normal, however, I still tested positive for the High-Risk HPV. He told me that we would do another pap in six months and if that one came back normal, we would return to annual tests.

So, I made the appt for June 2010. I thought at this point I was pretty much home free! Boy was I WRONG! I got a call the very beginning of July 2010, telling me that the results once again, were abnormal. They scheduled my second Colposcopy for July 15, 2010. I kept the appointment (was very uncomfortable by the way), and they found two areas of dysplastic change. They biopsied them. I was given a call two weeks later for the results and they were: The first lesion was CINI and the second was CINII/III.

I had the L.E.E.P. procedure done on Friday, August 13th and was told that the pathology reports would be in within 7-10 days. So, I get a phone call on the 18th telling me that the results were WORSE than originally thought to be, and I have Severe dysplasia.

What does this mean?

I am so Confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB Usershisslak HB User
Re: L.E.E.P with worse results than believed

SunShyne

Try not to get upset. I would suggest that you get an appointment with a gyn oncologist and let him/her review your records.
You live in Lakeland, which if I remember is close to Orlando (about one hour away) and maybe it would be wise to seek out a gyn oncologist. I just looked up Orlando Health and they have a whole service located at Winnie Palmer Womens and Babies Hospital.
A gyn oncologist will be able to look at your past and present pathology reports and counsel you on what the reports mean and the treatment options available to you.
Let me know how you are doing. You are not along in this, there are quite a few women who read this board and I know they will write and let you know about their personal experiences. (I can also suggest going back a year ago and check out "Pickle Eyes" post on her journey.)

Last edited by shisslak; 08-20-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Closed Thread