It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
(female)

1mommyof8 HB User
Unhappy Atypical Glandular Cells on Pap/have questions

I am 46 years old and had my annual pap smear that showed Atypical Glandular Cells, High risk HPV negative.

I am completely freaked out, am a student in college and could not afford to take time off, but will if I have to. At age 46 do I opt for a hysterectomy? and what about my symptoms, it really scares me to have symptoms.

My history~ 2007 had abnormal ascus pap + for high risk HPV
colpo and biopsy done, which came back CIN1, taken from 3 different areas, including an ECC.
6-2009 normal pap
8-2010 AGUS pap with Neg High Risk HPV - awaiting consult with GYN doc on Sept 3rd.

I am pretty worried about waiting until the 3rd to see the doc. He wants me to come in for a "consultation" first, to discuss how to proceed. That means another few days to schedule the colop/biopsy, then more waiting, then weeks if they suggest surgery.

Over the past couple years I have had heavy periods, like a waterfall flow, needing super tampons > 1X hour, and spot for days before and after, which the doctors attributed to "age" or peri menopause, even though I was regular like clockwork.

Last months period was 2 weeks of spotting, no regular flow at all, and the spotting discharge had a foul odor. I still continue to have a discharge and cannot seem to feel clean down there.

Other symptoms that have concerned me over the past 3 years that I have seen a doc for are "irritable bowel syndrome", Elevated ESR, Low Vitamin D level, negative RA and lupus tests.

I have had connective tissue pain, tennis elbow on both arms, foot and wrist pain, extreme fatigue, urinary incontinence, prolapsed uterus/bladder, joint pain, depression, etc.

I have given birth 8 times, and have 7 live children ranging in age from 6-23.

I am very scared that this recent abnormal pap will result in a negative diagnosis, and I will find that all of these symptoms were something bad in disquise and no one wanted to look into it.

If any of you have any insight or believe that waiting is NOT a good idea could you please message me.. Thank you, and I really am quite worried!

Last edited by 1mommyof8; 08-23-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
(female)

1mommyof8 HB User
Re: Atypical Glandular Cells on Pap/have questions

I should add, that I also have big clots like 2X3 inches that cannot be contained by a tampon. Of course smaller ones also, but this is basically the way my periods go now for the past couple years not at all normal flow, just huge clots.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
(female)

1mommyof8 HB User
Unhappy Trying again, abnormal pap, very worried...

I am a 46 year old mom of 7, and was recently told I had an abnormal pap with Atypical glandular cells. I was told these cells can be from anywhere in the reproductive system.

Today I went to the GYN/ONC and had 2 cervical biopsies, an endocervical scraping and an endometrial biopsy as well. Scheduled for a pelvic U/S tomorrow and a follow up with the doc next tuesday..

What are the statistics for this becoming cancer? Anyone here had cancer with an AGC pap result? Doc said my outer cervix looked like dysplasia I or II by just examination

Please help, my last post did not get a response. Thank you!

Update, still no reply to my post, that is kind of upsetting. But I had 4 biopsies done, 2 of the cervix, one enocervical scraping and an endometrial biopsy.. ALL CAME back negative.. How is that possible? that they worried and said it was something serious, to NOTHING AT all .. and come back in 6 months for a follow up???? They said they reviewed the pap and the glandular cells were more than likely severe inflammation from infection??? What the heck??

Can anyone give advice?? Please..

Last edited by 1mommyof8; 09-02-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: update

Closed Thread