It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
(female)

nikkitm HB User
diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ and having pain

My story goes as such. I am 27 years old. Got pregnant in April. Had a miscarriage in June. When I found out I was pregnant, they did a pap test, which I have had regular ones for years and nothing abnormal. This one came back abnormal. I also started to experience pain in my right pelvic area. They did a colposcopy and I received my results yesterday and have been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ. I cannot function right now and am sick to my stomach. My Obgyn. has scheduled me for a cone biopsy tomorrow but my questions are:
Most of the websites say that there are no symptoms to cancer unless is has spread. I have had frequent urination on and off for years, pelvic pain started in June. How can they tell its not cancerous yet?
Could I have developed this cancer that fast without having an abnormal pap test?
Why did it not show the earlier stages of precancerous cells in one of my regular pap visits?
How fast can it spread?
I had a CT Scan a month ago, as they wanted to determine what was causing my pelvic pain, and all that came back was a 3 cm cyst on my ovary. COuld this be a tumor rather than a cyst?? Would the scan have showed if it had spread anywhere else?
I am so happy to have found a website like such, but I am not sure if I can get through this. If this pelvic pain means that it has spread to other organs, I am not strong enough to do this. I need help, please post your comments and suggestions.
thank you
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ and having pain

I had this years ago....mine was treated with cryosurgery (sometimes called cryotherapy), they just freeze the bad cells off the cervix in the office. it's painless, quick and easy. Can you ask your doctor about this?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
(female)

NikkiAU HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkitm View Post
Could I have developed this cancer that fast without having an abnormal pap test?
Why did it not show the earlier stages of precancerous cells in one of my regular pap visits?
How fast can it spread?
Hi Nikki,

I also have recently been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ, after undergoing a LLETZ biopsy in July. Mine happened pretty quickly as well, all my previous pap tests in the past 10 years had been all-clear. The bad news came as a shock to me also, especially being that I was very low risk (going by the factors that increase the risk of cervical cancer).

Apparently it can develop very quickly, and go from a good test to a bad one in just one leap The only symptom I now realise I was experiencing over the last year or so was bleeding after sex, however I did not realise at the time that my body was trying to tell me something was wrong - just wrongly assumed we had taken things a little too rough.

I'm sorry you are also going through this. I wish I had more answers for you, hopefully somebody else here may be able to help you more. I hope that your results end up being better than you fear, and its easily treatable. Will be keeping track of your journey.

All the best,

Nikki.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
(female)

nikkitm HB User

Thank you guys so much for the reply. I went for a cone biospy tomorrow and my ObGyn keeps ensuring me that it has not spread into my other organs. But thats what scares me, because I am having pelvic pain that first started on my right side in May, and no has moved also to my left which seems to slowly move down to the left leg like a dug ache that comes and goes. I have never noticed any blood, other than after intercourse when it was close to my period date and would almost trigger my period, but it was old brown colored blood.
My ObGyn is almost positive my pelvic pain is unrelated and as soon as I recover from my cone biopsy she is going to give me a laproscopy.
I also had a CT scan approx. a month ago and all it showed was a 3cm cyst on my right side, which my ObGyn said they will not cause any pain, but everyone else I speak to says other wise. They are going to send me for another Ultrasound to see how the cyst is as soon as I recover. She also said the CT scan would have showed large mass tumors, but not the starting small cells of cancer if it had spread. BUt that I would not be having this pain unless it was large tumors and were causing it.
Now I can just pray and wait. I should know in 3-4 weeks.
THe only thing thats getting me through this is that my nurse told me that there was a reason that my little angel passed away and that was that "it" was trying to tell me there was something wrong. if it wasn't for that angel, who knows how long I would have waited to get checked.

The following user gives a hug of support to nikkitm:
amlibbee (07-31-2011)
Closed Thread