It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
(female)

rhodes9 HB User
Severe CINIII and night sweats any connection?

Hey if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.....I found out I had hpv turns out it was severe CINIII and I needed a LEEP I had the LEEP in november....my concern and I asked my doctor is that in the past year I have developed horrible night sweats where my sheets clothes and hair are wet! Im only 25 and dont think it can be my "changes" I went for complete blood work and everything came out fine.....but is there a connection between the two b/c i looked up night sweats and it is linked to cancer, other things too but the cancer scared me knowing I had PREcancerous cells in my cervix....please anything would help thanks!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

karensk HB User
Re: Severe CINIII and night sweats any connection?

I had CIN3 and had a cone biopsy and D & C last January. Ever since then I have had some issues, one of them is occasional night sweats. I too had lab work and it is all clinically "normal." However, since the procedure my periods have been horrendously close together (15-20 days each cycle) and I gain weight in spite of working out 5-6 hours a week. I'm sick and tired of all of it. I believe what I have is "estrogen dominance" but I have not a clue how to "fix" it. I tried progesterone cream at the end of this cycle but still only got 20 days since 1st day of last period.

Hopefully some of this was helpful and I wish you lots of luck with your situation. Please try not to stress out and do your follow up as your doctor suggests. My two Paps since my surgery have been normal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi it is problably not from perimenopause since the age is only 25. Since women have sweats with perimenopause there must be something about the uterus that causes sweats if the uterus is not exactly functioning correctly in theory at least.
Was the blood work to check for cancer or for estrogen levels or both?

Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Could be stress, could be something unrelated and hormonal (although probably not peri, at your age).

Hypothetically, it makes sense that severe CIN could cause a low-grade fever, leading to night sweats; after all, it's an infection, of sorts.
But I've never heard that it does cause that (fever or night sweats).

Good luck.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
(female)

silviag78 HB User

I too had a very extended cin3 and a laser conization.
My doctor told me cin3 is asymptomatic.
I guess your night sweats may be due to stress.

Good luck

Old 02-07-2011, 05:36 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi what temperature is the house kept at for sleep?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
(female)

rhodes9 HB User

Thanks everyone for the responses.....so after finding out what i had from my OBGYN i called my GP she is great and will go to the end of the earth to find out whats goin on...thats when she told me to go for a complete blood work check and she highlited my T3 cells (which i think is to check my immune systom) I dont believe she check estrogen b/c of my age but all blood work came back normal.......i have another colposcopy scheduled for march to make sure that after the LEEP i had nothing is comming back...My GP also gave me refferals for CXRPATLAT which i believe is a chest xray because of the night sweats and fatigue she said that links to tuberculosis and wants to rule it out and i have another sheet that says heme eval (dont understand dr's abbreviations) and at the bottom she wrote nightsweats.....to be honest I am just scared to go and find out these refferals have been sitting on my counter for about 2mths I think im ganna wait till march and see what the results are from my 2nd coloposcopy. Guess its all just hard to swollow when you know you live a healthy life style work out 4-5 x per week eat healthy i can remember the last time i had fast food and the nightsweats are just getting annoying now it could always be stress however i just dont feel like im stressed.....???

Old 02-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi is there an occasional slight cough?

Old 02-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #9
(female)

rhodes9 HB User

68 degrees is what we keep the temp at I haven't noticed a cough and we keep the fan on med it's a ceiling fan

Closed Thread