It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

lyxnlion HB User
dermoid cysts causing pain high up in the back?

Since I couldn't find a forum devoted to ovarian cysts, I hope you don't mind me posting here.

I have three large ovarian cysts, my right ovary has a 10cm dermoid cyst and what looked like to me a similar sized simple cyst right next to each other and my left ovary has a smaller dermoid (it looked similar sized to the other two) I don't recall the sizes of the others or was never told. I am scheduled for laprotomy (open) surgery this Wednesday. Last night, I started to feel bloated and gassy (nothing new) although I hadn't really eaten anything that would merit that. Within a half hour, I had intense pain not down by my ovaries or even stomach but slightly higher in my mid back. I was curled on the floor so I reached for my extra strength ibuprofen and almost immediately vomited. It felt like something was popping my ribs; I was shaking and had trouble breathing. The attack subsided enough for me to take a Narco pill prescribed to me when I had my cysts diagnosed. After an hour I was finally able to stretch out. My question is has anyone here had a similar experience? The pain was so high up could it be caused by my cysts pushing on my organs? Now that it's morning, I'm exhausted but not in pain anymore though the medication should have worn off by now. Since my surgery is so soon, should I just manage the pain or is this something the gyn needs to know about like now? I want to cause the least amount of hassel and trouble from myself and those around me as possible. I am 27 years old and just ready to get these cysts out of me! Thanks, in the very least its nice to have a place vent fear and frustration.

Last edited by lyxnlion; 04-02-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

amyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB Useramyd HB User
Re: dermoid cysts causing pain high up in the back?

Call your doctor and tell him exactly what you have said in this post. This is definitely something that should NOT be ignored, cause the next incident may be FAR WORSE.

The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:
lyxnlion (04-05-2011)
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
(female)

lyxnlion HB User
Re: dermoid cysts causing pain high up in the back?

Thank you for giving me courage. I go in for surgery tomorrow.

Closed Thread