It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
(female)

CristinaM HB User
Totally Terrified... HSIL, Bad Colposcopy, Doc didnt sound reassuring

Hi Everyone,

Went to the doctor last 2 weeks ago to have my normal GYN exam and wanted to get STD testing because I found out my fiance had cheated on me. (Jerk I know ). It had been two years since my last pap. Last week my world was turned upside down.

The doctor called me to tell me that all the STD's came back negative (Yeah) but that the pap came back abnormal. Apparently, it was HGSIL. She said I need to come in for a colposcopy. She was awesome and took me the same day. Before she started she said she would have a good indication what it looked like when she got in there with the microscope and she wasnt too worried. Then everyone was shocked.

She said that it looked very highly abnormal and she was sorry. The student that was in the room asked to look, looked in the microscope and started to cry. She then left the room. (I know, really great huh ). She did an ECC and ended up taking 5 biopsies. She said she couldnt take anymore, but that she did not get everything.

She said that it was highly abnormal and that I would need some form of treatment but that she was reserving her comments until the pathology report comes back (hopefully in the next 2-3 days). She said that pathology would type, grade and stage it and we would go from there.

Thats all I know, but it doesnt sound good. I was hoping for the biopsies to say HSIL or Carcinoma in Situ but after reading all these stories, experiences I am really concerned that it is going to come back invasive considering the amount of biopsies she took, what they saw and what they said.

Any thoughts ladies? Any similar stories? Just trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

Thanks!

Last edited by CristinaM; 04-04-2011 at 02:40 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to CristinaM:
xraylaura (04-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread