It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
(female)

Neelhtak HB User
Leep results

Went in for leep proceedure 4/7/11 for treatment of cin ii.

Pathology
A. CERVICAL CONE BIOPSY

-Moderate to severe dysplasia (CIN II-CIN III). The dysplasia extends into endocervical glands. The dysplasia extends to the endocervical margin.

B. ENDOCERVICAL CURETTINGS

-Endocervical mucosa and submucosa with focal moderate to severe (CIN II-CIN III) dysplasia identified.

-Fragment of benign secretory phase endometrium identified.

Questions:
1. What does this mean in laymans terms? There was no clear margin, or didn't go deep or wide enough?
2. Gyno wants to follow up in 6 months, is that normal?
3. Is cin III carcinoma in situ?
4. Is this stage 0?

I just can't get this straight in my head what all these terms and diagnosis means. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Leep results

Yes, CIN3 is "carcinoma in situ", although that's a term that's fallen into disfavor lately. Yes, it is also "stage zero", another term not widely used today.

It doesn't mean you have cancer, it's just the highest level of precancer.

I don't understand the terminology in your report, either, and I don't see where it says you didn't get clear margins. I mean, I don't interpret it to mean that.
Did your doctor tell you that you didn't get clear margins?
I'd call back and ask.

Best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
(female)

Neelhtak HB User

I gave up thinking no one would reply so thank you so much for your input Kali.

I did talk to my obgyn about the margins and was told that there were no clear margins but had hopes that the cauterization would take care of the edges. Then to my disappointment to follow up in 6 months!? Its pretty clear to me the waiting around is not the best approach as Ive been dealing with this for over 2 years and the diagnosis keeps getting worse. I am currently waiting for a referral to a gyno/onc to give me a better understanding of my diagnosis and hopefully a more aggressive treatment plan. I also called my mother (retired nurse) and she was pretty confused with the pathology report as well. Her main concern is with the endocervical gland involvement. Correct me if i'm wrong, but its appears to me that the CIN II-III dysplasia extends beyond the cervix and is "not-in-place" but in the glands. Whelpppp, I think I just got myself more mixed up. I think they need to use one grading system and stick to it. Again Kali, thank you.

Sincerely,

Kathleen

The following user gives a hug of support to Neelhtak:
Kali333 (05-14-2011)
Old 10-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
(female)

mykonosgirl HB User

Your story sounds alot like mine! I have also been dealing with this for 2 years...had an abnormal pap two years ago..missed the 6 month follow up because I was at a funeral..then spent 18 months trying to get a referral from my family doctor for another pap. Finally I had one, again abnormal...had the colposcopy last month with results showing Cin II/III also with endocervical gland involvement. I am now in the process of beeing booked for the LEEP for some time next month.

have you gotten anymore news/feedback from your doctor?
Have you had any further diagnosis or treatment?

If you know any more about your situation I would love to hear it because my doctor was very curt with me. She basically told me nothing, said she wouldn't know anything more until she does the LEEP. I also have an arcuate uterus, meaning it is smaller and is known to cause problems with carrying to full term while pregnant. This is all so disheartening to hear..I am only 21 and would love to have children in the future. I asked my doctor if the LEEP would add to the chances of having problems having children and she cut me off by saying not to worry until after the LEEP! ..big help she was...

Closed Thread