It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
(female)

Miss Lissa HB User
pelvic/abdominal pain with cancer history

I am having sharp pelvic abdominal pains, usually following eating something, and they don't seem to let up completely until I go #2 and then it starts all over again. I went to the E.R. and they did urinalysis, blood work, and a CT and everything is completely normal. I am going through direct radiation for a cancer recurrence (ovarian cancer stage 1C treated with hysterectomy and chemo, was ok for a few months then they found cancer cells in a pelvic lymph node) but I feel pretty good except for this one pain I keep having in the pelvic/abdominal area. I know this is going to sound gross but it is almost like I can feel the stool moving and when it does it really hurts. Actually going to the bathroom does not hurt however, and I am not constipated, rather my stools are on the loose side but still normal and regular. Any ideas? All my doctor could say is lets try to finish up radiation (I have a week and a half) and order a colonoscopy. He gave me vicodin in the meantime for the pain but I can only take it at night because it makes me groggy and I have daytime responsibilities. He did mention IBS but said it doesn't really sound like it to him...
Anyway I would love to know what it might be.

Closed Thread